Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Randomly resetting

Since I received my K2 it occasionally and randomly rests itself. I've noticed that it happens most frequently when I press the left "next page" button and nothing happens but after about 10 seconds the K2 resets or reboots. It's also happened a couple of times when I pressed the joy stick.

Doesn't happen all the time, sometimes once or twice a week, othertimes once or twice a day. I don't lose any files or information. If I'm in a book I can pick up where I stopped reading when the K2 reset itself.

I'll probably call Amazon either later tonight or tomorrow.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
rubikscube99
Enthusiast
rubikscube99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
when you mean reset does it reboot? or does it go through a full resetting of the operating system?
rubikscube99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
This has happened to me a few times, and I chalk it up to bad firmware. I doubt a hardware replacement is going to do anything to solve your problem.

It reminds me of the resets I used to get on my PRS-500 when using certain Calibre periodicals. Which is why I'm inclined to think that what keys you're pressing when it resets may be important, but I'd say it's much more likely that what document you're reading is the real cause. Something strangely formatted, rather long, and not from the Amazon store is most likely the issue. That's just a guess.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:17 AM   #4
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
It happens sometimes. Sometimes particular books will crash it. Just gotta live with it.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I wonder if this happens if you never turn your K2 off - but just keep putting it in sleep mode - most every electronic device needs to be turned off once in a while just to force it to clean out temp stuff/reread initialization files, etc.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #6
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
It runs linux. There's really no reason to ever turn it off.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle support had me set it back to factory defaults and so far it's working fine but I haven't had much reading time the last few days.

The reset was occurring after a button or joy stick push.

I never had this problem with the K1.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:42 PM   #8
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia

Apparently, the factory reset did the trick. It's been 10 days with no random resets.