Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-26-2017, 01:10 PM   #16
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Don't expect to see KOReader or CoolReader on the KOA2 anytime soon, the framebuffer driver has changed too much, it would need a bit more work than usual to handle it properly...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:10 PM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by makue View Post
I can confirm:

KUAL 2.7 is running on my PW3 5.9.2

KUAL 2.7.2 is running on my KOA2 5.9.0.6
Here with limited usage as mrpi does not install anything, but thats expected due to the new layout. Was surprised to see KUAL running at all
It will quit as soon as you update your KOA2 to 5.9.2
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2017, 01:11 PM   #18
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
deleted, no sense to try

Last edited by hius07; 11-26-2017 at 01:17 PM.
hius07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:43 PM   #19
makue
Custom User Title
makue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It will quit as soon as you update your KOA2 to 5.9.2
So that's why I will keep it at 5.9.0.6 as long as I could. Your advice to not install KUAL on a KOA2 with 5.9.2 was abolutely clear
makue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 03:09 PM   #20
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur
RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Try the latest snapshots? Hopefully things aren't too wonky on the PW3. No promises, though.
Forgive my ignorance - what do you mean by this?
RandomGiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2017, 03:40 PM   #21
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@RandomGiraffe: Packages from here instead of the current releases in their respective threads.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:43 PM   #22
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur
RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Thank you. The trouble is, the .bin file gets deleted from my PW3 when I eject it.

Last edited by RandomGiraffe; 11-26-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:48 PM   #23
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGiraffe View Post
Thank you. The trouble is, the .bin file gets deleted from my PW3 when I eject it.
The ones NiLuJe linked you to do not install with UYK.
You must use MrPI.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:53 PM   #24
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur

I though MrPI couldn't run on 5.9.2?
Old 11-26-2017, 07:03 PM   #25
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I though MrPI couldn't run on 5.9.2?
There is a special build for PW3 posted.
I haven't tested it or seen it myself.
It is recent, only a day or two old.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:23 PM   #26
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Namely, from the snapshots I just linked. Which may or may not work any better than expected, and/or allow you to more throroughly shoot yourself in the foot ^^.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:26 AM   #27
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Namely, from the snapshots I just linked. Which may or may not work any better than expected, and/or allow you to more throroughly shoot yourself in the foot ^^.
Thanks once again you lot for your help, I now have everything working that I need on my PW3 with 5.9.2 Only thing now is to get rid of the old KUAL icon but I will be patient
Old 12-05-2017, 02:38 AM   #28
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Only thing now is to get rid of the old KUAL icon but I will be patient
You can hide it (not remove) by:
Code:
cd /var/local
sqlite3 cc.db 'update entries set p_isvisibleinhome=0 where p_location="/mnt/us/documents/KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2"'
hius07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:27 AM   #29
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
You can hide it (not remove) by:
Code:
cd /var/local
sqlite3 cc.db 'update entries set p_isvisibleinhome=0 where p_location="/mnt/us/documents/KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2"'
Thank you! Just to double-check... Would I run this using KTerm which I obtain from here? Please forgive my ignorance!
Old 12-05-2017, 07:29 AM   #30
knc1
Going Viral

Any means of command line access will do.
Or make a RUNME.sh script and run that from the search bar.