Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-11-2021, 02:14 PM   #76
WormGod
WormGod began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@WormGod. I've re-committed the new patch. You can find it in the same place as before. Although there's a rumour a new firmware could be imminent, in which case the update should be in @geek1011's next kobopatch release.
Thanks! And double thanks for the clear comments listing the valid sizes for the different models as well as how to possibly avoid the dogear problem!
WormGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:22 PM   #77
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
It's this second comment from your earlier post in this thread that got me wondering how/where you were able to see that "ReadingFooter" actually had a property called "qproperty-footerMargin". As an old programmer, I'm always interested in seeing how things work.
@geek1011 used to distribute a cssextract executable in the kobopatch zip that would extract the compressed CSS streams from nickel. He had to remove it (I forget why). It was very easy to use but didn't assign any meaningful names to each CSS stream.

If you're able to make his new qrc tool work on your own PC, that will extract all CSS streams (compressed and uncompressed) individually and with a meaningful name that (usually) gives a vague idea of what it might do.

If you can't make qrc work you can see most of the pre-extracted nickel CSS for fw 4.25.15875 in a download (name ending nickel.15875.qInitResources_styles.zip) from this GitHub issue. (@geek1011, I hope you don't mind me posting this.)

Have a rummage around and get yourself a brand new hobby for 2021
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2021, 10:21 PM   #78
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@geek1011 used to distribute a cssextract executable in the kobopatch zip that would extract the compressed CSS streams from nickel. He had to remove it (I forget why). It was very easy to use but didn't assign any meaningful names to each CSS stream.
It nearly doubled the size of the patch zips, it kept triggering Windows Defender, and it isn't really necessary anymore now that we have qrc.

The only downside to qrc is it doesn't include CSS strings.

Quote:
If you can't make qrc work you can see most of the pre-extracted nickel CSS for fw 4.25.15875 in a download (name ending nickel.15875.qInitResources_styles.zip) from this GitHub issue. (@geek1011, I hope you don't mind me posting this.)
Yep, that's correct. But note that I may not leave those up forever.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:37 PM   #79
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I'm upgrading my patch from v4.23.15548.
With comparediff tool, I noted that this current version (4.25.15875) doesn't have these lines of code anymore:
Code:
	Increase page navigation history:
	  - Enabled: yes
	  - Description: Increases the number of dots marking navigation history on the scrubber.
	  # Replace the immediate value for the cmp r1, #2 before the bgt to the inlined
	  # QVector::removeFirst() (i e. QVector::erase(start, start+1)):
	  - BaseAddress: "BookmarkHistoryMixin::pushBookmark(Bookmark const&)"
	  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 18, Find: 2, Replace: 4} # note: you can set thr replacement to whatever you want, but it MUST be > 1 or bad things will happen
What happened to this section?
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 12:39 AM   #80
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
I noted that this current version
This patch is long gone, you noticed late.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
- geek1011: Increase page navigation history (the firmware has changed too much, I might rewrite this from scratch later)
It would be more correct to remind geek1011, what if he forgot to rewrite it by chance? Perhaps there is just a lot of work and there is no time to deal with this patch.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2021, 08:31 AM   #81
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm looking for a patch (if it can be done) to not uppercase the series names and leave them as they are typed in Calibre. Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:31 AM   #82
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm looking for a patch (if it can be done) to not uppercase the series names and leave them as they are typed in Calibre. Thanks.
Jon, this is the third message you've posted on the same topic. The best I can say is that you typed the third message instead of copy/paste.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:47 PM   #83
Quartz
Quartz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Apologies for the probably stupid question, but what exactly does "Enable patches in the files in the src folder (or use the overrides in kobopatch.yaml)." mean?

How does one "enable" the patches or "uses" the overrides?

Do I basically need to edit each of the four .yaml files to change "Enabled: no" to "Enabled: yes" if I want them, and that's that?
Quartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 07:07 PM   #84
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
Apologies for the probably stupid question, but what exactly does "Enable patches in the files in the src folder (or use the overrides in kobopatch.yaml)." mean?

How does one "enable" the patches or "uses" the overrides?

Do I basically need to edit each of the four .yaml files to change "Enabled: no" to "Enabled: yes" if I want them, and that's that?
You can do that in the individual yaml files or you can add the enables to the kobopatch.yaml. For myself, I use the override enables in kobopatch.yaml and also have them saved as a text file to make it easier to apply my preferred patches to a new version of KoboPatch. The only issue for me is removing discontinued patches and adding new patches.

Spoiler:

overrides:
src/libadobe.so.yaml:
Remove PDF map widget shown during panning: no

src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml:
Both page turn buttons go next: no
Both page turn sides go next: no
Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen: no
Always show confirmation dialog before upgrading: yes
Allow USB storage even when device locked: no
Hide browser from beta features: no
Disable all tutorial dialogs: no
Remove beta features not supported text: no
Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen: no
Rename new home screen footer: no
Remove line from bottom tab bar: no
Change Browse Kobo home screen link target - Activity: no
Change Browse Kobo home screen link target - Articles: no
Set visible SmartLink: no
Only show Pocket SmartLink: no
Only show stats SmartLink: no
Never show Kobo Plus, wishlist, and points SmartLinks: no
Allow showing info panel on random screensaver: yes
Larger Sleep/Power-off timeouts: no
Allow rotation on all devices: no
Don't uppercase header/footer text: no
Custom header/footer page number text: no
Don't uppercase header/footer text and change page number text: no
Swap reading header/footer: no
Enable advanced settings for all fonts: yes
Customize ComfortLight settings: no
Remove title from reading header/footer: no
FeatureSettings - BookSpecificStats: no
FeatureSettings - ShowFacebookShare: no
FeatureSettings - FullScreenBrowser: no
FeatureSettings - MyWords: no
FeatureSettings - ExportHighlights: no
DeveloperSettings - AutoUsbGadget: no
PowerSettings - UnlockEnabled: no
# PATCH GROUP - DON'T ENABLE MORE THAN 1
My 10 line spacing values: no
My 24 line spacing values: no
# END GROUP
Custom left & right margins: yes
Custom font sizes: yes
ePub fixed top/bottom margins: no
ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom: yes
Custom kepub default margins: no
Block WiFi firmware upgrade: no
Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts: no
Set KePub hyphenation: no
Force user line spacing in KePubs: no
Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2): no
Un-force font-family override p tags (std epubs): no
Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 1 of 2): no
ePub constant font sharpness: no
KePub constant font sharpness: no
Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs: no
Un-Force user font-family in KePubs: no
Un-force link decoration in KePubs: no
KePub stylesheet additions: no
Ignore .otf fonts: no
ePub uniform font scale: yes
Set font scale factor: no
Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height: no
Custom navigation menu page number text: no
Shorten dictionary entry not found message: no
Change Wikipedia search language: no
Cyrillic Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no
Greek Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no
Bulgarian Phonetic Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2/Forma/Libra): no
Don't grab exclusive access to event0: no

src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml:
Disable orphans/widows avoidance: yes
Default ePub serif font (Amasis): no
Default ePub sans-serif font (Gill Sans): no
Default ePub symbol font (Symbol): no
Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): no
Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): no
Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt): no
Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets: no
Ignore ePub TOC navpoints: no
Default ePub monospace font: no

src/nickel.yaml:
Show all games: no
Remove forgot pin button from lock screen: no
Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart: no
Reduce top/bottom page spacer: no
Custom synopsis details line spacing: no
Custom synopsis font size: no
Increase home screen cover size: no
Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area: no
Increase Book Details synopsis area: no
Increase library cover size: no
Custom collection/author header title font: no
Reduce new header/footer height: no
Custom new header/footer font: no
Custom page navigation scrubber: no
Customise Header back button: no
Series list increase cover thumbnails: no
Increase headlines font: no
New home screen subtitle custom font: no
Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen: no
Remove footer (row3) on new home screen: no
Old 02-09-2021, 12:50 PM   #85
Quartz
Quartz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Do you have to unpatch before every update?
Quartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 12:54 PM   #86
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Quote:
IIRC, no. I may be wrong.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 01:11 PM   #87
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
IIRC, no. I may be wrong.
@Elektron is correct. The new firmware update will overwrite the patched files so no need to unpatch.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:50 PM   #88
LyrasDeamon
LyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: none
Just to double check, if I've disabled the patches that could clash with Nickel Menu, there won't be a problem will there? To give an example, I turned on the My Words feature using Nickel Menu and disabled it in the patch. I'm just a bit cautious as this is my first time patching and there are so many tiny things that bug me about Nickel I can't wait to get it working. Thank you, I'm so amazed by all the work the developers in the community put in!
LyrasDeamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 05:28 PM   #89
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyrasDeamon View Post
Just to double check, if I've disabled the patches that could clash with Nickel Menu, there won't be a problem will there? To give an example, I turned on the My Words feature using Nickel Menu and disabled it in the patch. I'm just a bit cautious as this is my first time patching and there are so many tiny things that bug me about Nickel I can't wait to get it working. Thank you, I'm so amazed by all the work the developers in the community put in!
You can use them together. All my mods/tools (NickelMenu, NickelSeries, kepubify, dictutil, kobo-dotfile-hack, etc) and the patches are compatible with each other unless otherwise stated.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:54 AM   #90
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Increase page navigation history

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
- geek1011: Increase page navigation history (the firmware has changed too much, I might rewrite this from scratch later)
If suddenly someone used this patch and suffers from its absence ...

Spoiler:
Code:
Increase page navigation history:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: Increases the number of dots marking navigation history on the scrubber.
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 0x88BB9C, Find: 2, Replace: 4}

Last edited by Semwize; 02-12-2021 at 10:04 AM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching