Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM   #481
drdixon3
drdixon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hi everyone, just tried installing KOreader + Plato for my new Forma on my Mac using the automated method in post 2, but when I open install.command, the message "No supported packages found in the current directory!" comes up in Terminal because I am a total noob and clicked the wrong button when I tried installing the first time—I think I denied permission for the app to function. Is there any way I can override this? Thanks for your help!
drdixon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM   #482
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
@drdixon3: Unlikely to be related, that's an error from the script itself, which implies it ran. You just borked the unpacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
i.e., it's really as simple as that. (Because, yes, apparently we've reached the lowest depth of content creation on the internet: the video tutorial >_<").
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #483
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O; RealMe X2 Pro
Thanks very much for the install script! I'm looking forward to getting to grips with KOReader, to see if it enhances my experience at all. Priority one is figuring out how to lock the screen rotation since it defaults to assuming the buttons are being held on the right, not the left, and keeps flipping with the slightest movement of my hand.
Uncle Robin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM   #484
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Uncle Robin: Top menu > Gear tab > Screen > Rotation
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM   #485
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@Uncle Robin: Top menu > Gear tab > Screen > Rotation
Thank you! Hopefully the combination of "ignore accelerometer rotation events" and "keep current rotation across views" will allow me to concentrate on exploring KOReader's functionality without needing to stand on my head.
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM   #486
NiLuJe
BLAM!

(Note that that last one [the sticky rota option] had some teething quirks that were fixed after 2020.12 ).
Old Today, 12:23 AM   #487
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
(Note that that last one [the sticky rota option] had some teething quirks that were fixed after 2020.12 ).
The combo seems to be working well - prior to setting them, even when the screen was properly oriented while reading, hitting sleep would see the " Sleeping" info box show up upside down. Now,it's not
Old Today, 02:50 AM   #488
drdixon3
drdixon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
@drdixon3: Unlikely to be related, that's an error from the script itself, which implies it ran. You just borked the unpacking.
Many, many thanks for this video—now both KOreader and Plato are up and running!
drdixon3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato