Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-09-2021, 03:34 PM   #1
Mackyboy123
Mackyboy123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Managed to jailbreak kindle, what can I do now

I've managed to jailbreak my kindle, but I'm not sure what I can do now. What can I install?
Mackyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:02 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackyboy123 View Post
I've managed to jailbreak my kindle, but I'm not sure what I can do now. What can I install?
How about KOReader?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:21 AM   #3
gunnm
Connoisseur
gunnm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW(2018), Boyue T103D.
Kual, obviously and usbnetwork.
gunnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:34 PM   #4
melksnor
Goodest E-Reader
melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 500 / Kindle 5th / Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnm View Post
Kual, obviously and usbnetwork.
What are people typically doing with usbnetwork? Is it just poking around the file system for curiosity or are the specific things you can do afterwards?

I'm not really interested in the weather / clock type hacks personally.
melksnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:50 PM   #5
gunnm
Connoisseur
gunnm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW(2018), Boyue T103D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by melksnor View Post
What are people typically doing with usbnetwork? Is it just poking around the file system for curiosity or are the specific things you can do afterwards?

I'm not really interested in the weather / clock type hacks personally.
I don't have a pc anymore so to move files I to the kindle i only have my phone, with usbnetwork I can activate the mass storage and and get access through android. It's also the beginning of any wireless project you might have in mind.
gunnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:43 AM   #6
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Does your model have Audible support? If so you can use this extension to play music or internet radio:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=336390

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
why jailbreak