Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
katiedid
katiedid began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Kobo app can't download firmware update

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue - whenever I try and download the firmware update (through the borders/kobo app), it gives me the "you are not connected to the internet" error. This is obviously rubbish, because here I am.

I have tried:
- restarting the program
- rebooting my computer
- uninstalling/reinstalling the program
- turning off the firewall/antivirius
- using another computer in the same house (exactly the same error, but I didn't go through all those steps on the second computer).

Any hints? I called support and they suggested I wait and try again later, incase it had to do with the server load. I will try again tomorrow, but I was wondering if anybody else had run into the same issue.
katiedid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedid View Post
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue - whenever I try and download the firmware update (through the borders/kobo app), it gives me the "you are not connected to the internet" error. This is obviously rubbish, because here I am.

I have tried:
- restarting the program
- rebooting my computer
- uninstalling/reinstalling the program
- turning off the firewall/antivirius
- using another computer in the same house (exactly the same error, but I didn't go through all those steps on the second computer).

Any hints? I called support and they suggested I wait and try again later, incase it had to do with the server load. I will try again tomorrow, but I was wondering if anybody else had run into the same issue.
The upgrade WAS unavailable this morning. We had a bit of a blip on the server side. Try again now, I just downloaded it successfully.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
katiedid

Nope, still no joy. I started trying to upgrade at about 6pm mountain time, and I've been getting the same error since then (I try every 15 minutes or so).
Old 07-21-2010, 10:33 PM   #4
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedid View Post
Nope, still no joy. I started trying to upgrade at about 6pm mountain time, and I've been getting the same error since then (I try every 15 minutes or so).
That is very strange. I'm on it, will report back here as soon as I know more.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:40 PM   #5
katiedid

Thankyou.
Advert
Old 07-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
waldmeister
waldmeister began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have the same problem. Am living in Singapore, is this an issue?
waldmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:30 AM   #7
SameerH
Product Manager

Ok, I've checked the upgrade URL and the file that is downloaded and it seems to be there and working (i can download it). All the apps point to the same URL to download the update, so having some work and others not is... interesting.

I've PM'd you both with a link you should try to hit. If you can't hit the link, that's the problem because I can, and we'll go from there.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #8
buzzToronto
buzzToronto began at the beginning.

Same issue

Same issue here. Definitely have an internet connection.

App claims I don't and gives me the same screen. Tried 5 times, rebooted etc.

Running VISTA.

If I log in to the Desktop app without the reader plugged in it browses and signs in to my account just fine.

--Sigh--
buzzToronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #9
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Are you running AV and a firewall? If you are disable them for the process as they may be blocking the Kobo software from connecting to home.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #10
ninicraftone
ninicraftone began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I am also unable to download the update. I've been trying for several days on three different computers which all have an internet connection which is working fine.
ninicraftone is offline   Reply With Quote