Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-21-2018, 08:21 AM   #2641
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
The President is Missing by Bill Clinton and James Patterson is on sale for $4.99 at most of the major retailers. I'm not much of a thriller person, and $4.99 is pretty expensive for me to post, but this has been sitting at $15.99/$14.99 for more than a year and $4.99 is its first significant price drop.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072F3MYRH/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...t-is-missing-1
BN Nook: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the...780316412711#/

Spoiler:
Quote:
#1 New York Times Bestseller
#1 USA Today Bestseller
#1 Wall Street Journal Bestseller
#1 Indie Bestseller

"President Duncan for a second term!" --USA Today
"This book's a big one." --New York Times
"Towers above most political thrillers." --Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
"The plotting is immaculate . . . the writing is taut." --Sunday Times (London)
"Ambitious and wildly readable." --New York Times Book Review

The President Is Missing confronts a threat so huge that it jeopardizes not just Pennsylvania Avenue and Wall Street, but all of America. Uncertainty and fear grip the nation. There are whispers of cyberterror and espionage and a traitor in the Cabinet. Even the President himself becomes a suspect, and then he disappears from public view . . .

Set over the course of three days, The President Is Missing sheds a stunning light upon the inner workings and vulnerabilities of our nation. Filled with information that only a former Commander-in-Chief could know, this is the most authentic, terrifying novel to come along in many years.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:27 AM   #2642
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Corpse on the Court is the fourteenth in Simon Brett's Fethering series. It has dropped to $3.63 at Kindle US. This is also a bit pricey for me to list, but Brett's titles are usually pretty expensive, and only rarely go on sale, so this is a pretty good deal in that context.

link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AO56MAI

Spoiler:
Quote:
The genteel game of Real Tennis takes a murderous twist in Simon Brett's witty and entertaining new Fethering mystery - Jude's life has been turned upside-down thanks her new mant, Piers Targett, who's keen to get her involved in his hobby - or obsession - of Real Tennis. But when one of Piers' friends dies on the court in suspicious circumstances, Jude finds herself caught up in the police investigation. Meanwhile, Jude's neighbour Carole is trying to identify the human remains known locally as the 'Lady in the Lake.' As the two investigations become intertwined, Carole and Jude's efforts to find the truth look set to lead to more murders.
Old Yesterday, 07:19 AM   #2643
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Careless in Red is the fifteenth in the Inspector Lynley series by Elizabeth George. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0010SGREE
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/careless-in-red-1

Spoiler:
Quote:
He found the body on the forty-third day of his walk . . .

Devastated by the senseless murder of his wife, Detective Superintendent Thomas Lynley retreated to Cornwall, where he has spent six solitary weeks hiking the bleak and rugged coastline. But no matter how far he walks, the painful memories do not diminish.

Then, at the base of a cliff near a town better known for its surfing than its intrigue, Lynley discovers the body of a young man who has fallen to his death. First a witness, then a suspect when the hand of a killer is revealed, Lynley remains, above all, a policeman willing to aid the gruff head of an understaffed local constabulary in her investigation. But the secrets in this community run dark and deep—and Lynley must somehow find a way to let go of the past long enough to solve a most devious and dreadful crime.
Old Yesterday, 07:24 AM   #2644
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Darker Than Amber is the seventh in the Travis McGee series by by John D. MacDonald. It has dropped to $2.99 at Kindle and Kobo US. MacDonald's McGee books don't go on sale in the US very often, so grab it if you want it.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008WOUHNQ
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/darker-than-amber

Spoiler:
Quote:
From a beloved master of crime fiction, Darker Than Amber is one of many classic novels featuring Travis McGee, the hard-boiled detective who lives on a houseboat.

A fishing trip is anything but relaxing when Travis McGee is involved. As McGee and his friend Meyer settle down to some midnight casting, a woman falls into the water from the bridge above them. Her name is Evangeline, and the hints she gives about the events leading to her near drowning suggest a less than pristine past. But McGee has saved her, and now he wants to see her make a new life—even if it means confronting a gang of murderers that makes his blood run cold.

“John D. MacDonald is a shining example for all of us in his field.”—Mary Higgins Clark

Evangeline may be the intended target in a complex scheme, but she’s no ordinary victim. Behind her darker than amber eyes is a woman who lures men onto her boat and robs them, throwing them overboard when she’s done with them. And now she’s enlisted the resistant Travis and Meyer to rescue her “savings” from her partners in crime.

When Evangeline winds up dead, McGee and Meyer must get involved. But the stakes are high—and Evangeline may not be the only casualty of her cruel game.

Features a new Introduction by Lee Child
Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM   #2645
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, Nook Glowlight 3
Stephen King's Joyland, one of the books he wrote for Hard Case Crime, is $0.99 at Amazon.

Quote:
Set in a small-town North Carolina amusement park in 1973, Joyland tells the story of the summer in which college student Devin Jones comes to work as a carny and confronts the legacy of a vicious murder, the fate of a dying child, and the ways both will change his life forever.

Last edited by ZodWallop; Yesterday at 10:23 AM.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM   #2646
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
The President is Missing by Bill Clinton and James Patterson is on sale for $4.99 at most of the major retailers. I'm not much of a thriller person, and $4.99 is pretty expensive for me to post, but this has been sitting at $15.99/$14.99 for more than a year and $4.99 is its first significant price drop.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072F3MYRH/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...t-is-missing-1
BN Nook: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the...780316412711#/
Ooo, thanks! I heard a bit about this (and perhaps an exerpt) on the radio. I had it on my "look at sometime" list. So, even $4.99 is enough for me to bite. Got it - thanks!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #2647
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, Nook Glowlight 3
The Air Raid Killer by Frank Goldammer is on sale for $1.99 at Amazon. At first, I thought it was about real life killer Gordon Cummins. But instead it's a German detective novel about a serial killer operating in the final days of the Nazi regime. Interesting premise. I hope the translation is good.

Quote:
In the final days of the Nazi regime, with the historic city of Dresden on the brink of destruction, terrifying rumors spread about the Fright Man, a demonic killer who exploited the cover of a nighttime air raid siren to mutilate and kill a young nurse. Just as seasoned detective Max Heller begins investigating, the Fright Man kills again…

The investigation seems hopeless. Desperate refugees flood the streets, all of Heller’s resources are depleted, and his new boss is a ruthless SS officer. And like so many others, Heller and his wife, Karin, survive on meager rations while fearing for the lives of their sons at the front. But as tensions mount and enemy firebombs decimate the city, dangerous new clues come to light—and the determined Heller pursues a violent and twisting path to unmask a monster.
This one's been on sale for a little bit. I just pulled the trigger and bought it today. It may have already been mentioned upthread. If it's a repeat, sorry.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:31 AM   #2648
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Since they're now pub by Open Road in the US, lots and lots of titles in the excellent (IMO) Gideon Oliver series by Aaron Elkins have been on sale before at various prices. However, here's a particularly good deal if you've never tried the series, and like reading in order - the first four titles in the series are on sale in an omnibus for $3.03 at Kindle US. Assuming you don't have any of them, this works out to $0.76 per book, which is about as good as you're going to get without freebies, which Open Road doesn't do often (other than their freebie-thon around the holidays a couple of years ago). I actually don't think the first two titles are are a great representation of the rest of the series, although they do give some good background, and are not bad at all - just not among my favorites, and they don't showcase Gideon as "Skeleton Detective" as much as the later titles. But I love the next two, especially Old Bones, since I am a push-over for mysteries set in France.

The Gideon Oliver Mysteries Volume One: Fellowship of Fear, The Dark Place, Murder in the Queen’s Armes, and Old Bones: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CMDXW7X
Old Today, 08:15 AM   #2649
Wearever
Guru
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The Air Raid Killer by Frank Goldammer is on sale for $1.99 at Amazon. At first, I thought it was about real life killer Gordon Cummins. But instead it's a German detective novel about a serial killer operating in the final days of the Nazi regime. Interesting premise. I hope the translation is good.

This one's been on sale for a little bit. I just pulled the trigger and bought it today. It may have already been mentioned upthread. If it's a repeat, sorry.
I liked this book and recommend it. I've preordered the next book in the series.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote