Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-14-2018, 09:25 PM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Over 50 Kindle user guides appeared on my kindle?

All in different Languages???? How do I get rid of these? I can delete off device but I do not want them to show period. Not even under "all"

Last edited by HLS; 10-14-2018 at 09:29 PM.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:23 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Go to amazon.com/myk and log in. From the drop down "Show:" select Dictionaries & User Guides. They should all be listed there with the option to delete.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:43 AM   #3
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
On my Paperwhite, I have three dictionaries that I use and Kindle put them in a collection called dictionaries. I don't see any of the plethora of other dictionaries on my Paperwhite.

If I go to Manage Your Kindle and select "Dictionaries and user's guides" I get 138 books listed but they don't appear on my Paperwhite unless I download them. I don't care if they're on MYK. Not my problem.

If in fact, all those books were appearing on my Paperwhite, I would do a factory restore and start over.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:38 AM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
All in different Languages???? How do I get rid of these? I can delete off device but I do not want them to show period. Not even under "all"
Look in the DOWNLOADED tab instead of ALL and you won't see them. They are part of the Kindle universe. They don't download to your Kindle unless you intentionally tap them to download.

I have 171 dictionaries and user guides on my account. It used to be if you deleted them from Content & Devices they would come back with the next update. Most just ignore them.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:53 PM   #5
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Look in the DOWNLOADED tab instead of ALL and you won't see them. They are part of the Kindle universe. They don't download to your Kindle unless you intentionally tap them to download.

I have 171 dictionaries and user guides on my account. It used to be if you deleted them from Content & Devices they would come back with the next update. Most just ignore them.
You are not paying attention to what I typed. I do not want it to show under downloaded or "ALL" . I know the difference between the All and DOWNLOAD tab. I do not think its part of the kindle universe for I never in the history of ereaders ever had 56 user guides show up in 56 languages just suddenly appear out of the blue. Never happened in the 10 years of owning kindles and it only shows up on the Oasis and not the paperwhite or fire.

It may not matter now. I accidentally "reset" my oasis instead of "restart"
Old 10-15-2018, 06:02 PM   #6
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Go to amazon.com/myk and log in. From the drop down "Show:" select Dictionaries & User Guides. They should all be listed there with the option to delete.
That helps! Never saw a drop down menu there before. Cool.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:18 PM   #7
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
The multiple user guides and dictionaries have always been a part of the "Kindle Universe." When you have a Kindle capable of using foreign languages, you get the user guides and dictionaries that support those languages.

I've been using Kindles since 2009, and this has always been how it is. Back when Amazon still had the old forums, it was one of the most common questions new users had.

I just looked at mine, there are 209. I must not have let the list load all the way earlier.

Last edited by Deskisamess; 10-15-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:33 PM   #8
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
It shows I have 398 in my account under dictionaries and guides.

I don't see them on my kindles though. Even if I am on all. And that is probably because they are buried among the 3000 books I have in my cloud. I think what I have done in the past after an update, I take them and put them in my "read" folder. One of them. I have 2 now as the first one got too big. Since I always display the "read" folder, no matter if I use "ALL" or "downloaded", I don't see them.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:05 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
What languages, do you know?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote