Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-07-2021, 09:57 PM   #46
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story HD, Amazon Kindle 5, and Amazon Kindle DX
I have far worse trouble with red light than blue light. I have tried using blue sunglasses to reduce red light, and tried tweaking color settings, each helps, but they only do so much.

I can't watch the videos without more migraines, so can't judge the Mira.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 03:49 AM   #47
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 5, Likebook 4, Tolino 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
I have far worse trouble with red light than blue light. I have tried using blue sunglasses to reduce red light, and tried tweaking color settings, each helps, but they only do so much.

I can't watch the videos without more migraines, so can't judge the Mira.
You'll never be able to judge monitors over video - because there are no "flicker-free" ones.
You can only experience them live.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:51 AM   #48
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
You'll never be able to judge monitors over video - because there are no "flicker-free" ones.
You can only experience them live.
Agreed, impossible.

Also showroom lighting is nasty!

I have my screens arranged so no daylight is on them and the room light is offset so not reflected.
Benq 24" BL series
Brightness 8
Contrast 25
Best screen I've used other than the 800x400 ACT Sirius 1 (Mono green with black mesh cover) in 40 years.
Exact model BL2420PT 24"
I bought a 2nd one for the PC with scanner and video editing. The first is for the laptop.
Very good up/down, tilt and rotate as well as portrait and landscape. I'm running 2450x1440, HIDPI = OFF and the text is fine at 100% in web and LO Writer with DPI set to 112 on Linux. Setting 96 to 120 is also OK depending on your eyesight.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
computer monitors, monitors, vision problems