Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #31
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
Hi everybody!

I've been rewriting a famous novel by Ray Bradbury. I almost have finished it, but only need a little clue.

Does anybody know which temperature a Kindle burns at?

Thanks in advanced.

Have a nice weekend!
Let me guess; The Halloween Tree?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #32
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I just saw the display at one of the BB's near me. It's actually kind of funny the way they have it laid out. Kindle on one side, Sony on the other. And the Nook is all alone off in a corner with no one to play with.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 08:56 PM   #33
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
No Kindles at my area BB yet. Nook display right inside the door with two operating nooks. Next to it was an empty Sony display with a shelf tag for the 350.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #34
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I was thinking The Martian Chronicles.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #35
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I was thinking The Martian Chronicles.
I'm really hoping you guys are being facetious.

Farenheit 451
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #36
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

Farenheit 451
I can't speak for carld, but, yes, I was being facetious.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #37
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
and you get to pay sales tax.

no advantage to people who know they want one. this'll just draw more people in who get to fiddle with it hands on
i paid sales tax on mine from Amazon. I live in NY.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #38
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
When the economy tanked, it seems as though the staffing of the Target by me was halved.

I have yet to see an ereader display anywhere that is well designed and that actually functions, no matter what the brand.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #39
envy
Brown Eyed Girl
envy doesn't litterenvy doesn't litter

Device: Sony Prs 600, Nook, Sony prs 350
So I finally saw a Kindle 3 at BB and I must say that the build of it didn't impress me. I didn't like the texture along with some other issue.

Last edited by envy; 09-19-2010 at 12:23 PM.
envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #40
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Went to Best Buy yesterday - as well as Target, looking at e-reading displays. The Best Buy in Bolingbrook, IL (one of them, for all I know there might be five over there, LOL) didn't have Kindles at all, but the associate we talked to said they had just redone the store layout last week, and they had the Nook and Sony kiosks side by side at the very front of the store. No new Sony models though, just the 300 and 600's.
The Target in Dekalb, IL has switched out the demo unit from a K2 (2 weeks ago) to a K3, but you have to look in little tiny print for "this is a demo unit, the actual units are in the locked box below please see an associate." I also noticed the odd texture...but thought it might have been something they did to the demo unit to help it survive a bit better.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:59 PM   #41
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

Farenheit 451
Little bit, yeah.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #42
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by envy View Post
So I finally saw a Kindle 3 at BB and I must say that the build of it didn't impress me. I didn't like the texture along with some other issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I also noticed the odd texture...but thought it might have been something they did to the demo unit to help it survive a bit better.
I find the K3 smooth and comfortable to hold.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I find the K3 smooth and comfortable to hold.
So where are you going to put your memory card in your K3?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #44
CatsMeow
CatsMeow began at the beginning.

Device: Nook & K3
Yesterday visited my BB and there were displays for nook, Kindle3 and Sony. The Kindle3 display had a tethered graphite K3 and empty shelves with prices.

I like the look and feel of the K3. I just have to figure out a way to rationalize buying another eReader
CatsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsMeow View Post
Yesterday visited my BB and there were displays for nook, Kindle3 and Sony. The Kindle3 display had a tethered graphite K3 and empty shelves with prices.

I like the look and feel of the K3. I just have to figure out a way to rationalize buying another eReader
The way the Kindle is tethered at Target makes it rather hard to get a good feel for it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote