Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #1
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Upcoming Freelancer Conference

On October 1 and 2, 2010, there will be a conference in Rochester, NY, called Finding Your Niche/Expanding Your Horizons for freelance editors, designers, artists, writers, and others in the broadly defined "communications" field. The conference is sponsored and hosted by Communication Central (with whom I have no financial or other affiliation other than that I will be one of the speakers at this conference). Information can be found here, including a conference schedule.

Topics include using Acrobat and going from Microsoft Word to InDesign. Registration and the schedule can be found here.

I have attended and spoken at previous conferences and they have been quite good. If you are interested in becoming, for example, a freelance editor, or if you already have a freelance business and wish to network or get some ideas for your business, consider participating.

One of the sponsors of the conference, Ruth Thaler-Carter, today wrote about the conference as a guest writer at my blog (see A Gathering of Freelance Editorial Professionals).
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote