Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige
mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Suggestion: "read" checkbox ?

Hi,

I'm a long time user of calibre and absolutely love it.

I have a feature suggestion that may be a waste of time, ('cause I can already achieve it with tags), but would people find it useful to have a "checkbox" in the Meta info that lets you know if the book has been "read" or not ?

I currently have a custom tag called "read" which basically does the same thing... so I guess it's purely cosmetic... but I thought it would be kinda neat.
mukoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Red face

Wtch the video at http://calibre-ebook.com/demo#tutorial
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige
mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Please note that I have now firmly slapped my own forehead

I never realized that video exists. There's a lot of good stuff there I wasn't aware of. Thanks again Kovid for providing such an awesome and much needed product.

cheers.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:51 AM   #4
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige

ok, so seeing as I live under a rock and I've only just discovered this great feature... I've come up with another query of which I'm not confident in starting a new thread about (just in case is was as obvious as the last query... but I checked the forums and manual... I swear ).

When creating custom columns in the meta-data, is it possible to have a "html" column type? Specifically I'd like to have a column which is an html link to info about a series for example, (but it could be anything... say author info, etc). And when I click on that link, it automatically loads it up in my default web browser.

I can create a text based column easy enough with the above info... but I'd like to be able to click on a url and it opens in a browser. Perhaps there is a form of syntax I could use in text based column types, (although I tried standard html, i.e. <a href="bla">link</a> ... but that didn't work)?

cheers.
mk.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #5
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Some good stuff in there which I didn't know about. :-)

I set up a column called Read as advised, with "read" as the field name, but when I try to create a search based on this, it fails. The help would suggest that the following would select all books where Read was marked Yes:

read:yes

But this returns no results on my system, and read:true also returns nothing.

Have I misunderstood something? If not, I'll raise it as a bug (couldn't see this on the tracker at the moment, but it seems like something that would get encountered a lot, so I figured it was probably me rather than Calibre!)

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #6
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige

Try:

#read:"yes"
Old 07-11-2010, 08:14 AM   #7
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukoan View Post
Try:

Thanks, that did the trick.

Graham
Old 07-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukoan View Post
Try:

Thanks, that did the trick.

Graham
The proper search context can be found by hovering over the column header. A tool tip will pop up and show you the search term in quotes.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:17 AM   #9
Graham
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
The proper search context can be found by hovering over the column header. A tool tip will pop up and show you the search term in quotes.
So it does, thanks.

Graham