Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 04:48 AM   #1
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Ignore a forum member

Do we have settings to ignore a forum member?

Thanks.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:50 AM   #2
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
You can go to "user cp" and then use the option "edit ignored users" on the left...

cheers,

kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 04:50 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Yes, in your User CP, there's an option "Edit ignored users". It's above the "Edit ignored threads".

Now I want an "ignore threads that contain words"...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:50 AM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
User CP > Edit Ignored Users

Type in the first few letters of the name, i.e. if you were to ignore me, you would type in Mo and a list will pop up with all those members who have Mo at the beginning of their name. Then click on the name.

Voila. Member ignored.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:51 AM   #5
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Yes. In control panel, select 'edit ignored users'. If you add someone there you won't see what they post (the text) - the actual post will still be there, just empty. If I make sense?
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 04:57 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Yes. In control panel, select 'edit ignored users'. If you add someone there you won't see what they post (the text) - the actual post will still be there, just empty. If I make sense?
It does but I am disappointed. I hoped not to see not only the post but the user's details too, such as posts, karma, location etc.

Anyways, thanks for your help guys and gals.
Icecream with vanilla and strawberry has been ordered.

Last edited by astra; 07-05-2010 at 05:00 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:59 AM   #7
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
It does but I am disappointed. I hoped not to see the post and the user's details too.
I know - but better than nothing

Quote:
Icecream with vanilla and strawberry has been oredered.
Mmmmmmmmm... Lovely!
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:02 AM   #8
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I know - but better than nothing
Agreed.
Quote:
Mmmmmmmmm... Lovely!
Abosolutely
Old 07-05-2010, 05:10 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Icecream with vanilla and strawberry has been ordered.
Yummie!
Old 07-05-2010, 05:15 AM   #10
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Yes, in your User CP, there's an option "Edit ignored users". It's above the "Edit ignored threads".

Now I want an "ignore threads that contain words"...

Not exactly what you were after, but you can install a greasemonkey script that will automatically turn one word into another. Say, just for argument, you didn't like the words e-book reader and prefer the word 'liseuse', you would merely instruct the script to swap out one for the other. It's called Webvocab.

http://webvocab.sourceforge.net/
Old 07-05-2010, 05:31 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
It does but I am disappointed. I hoped not to see not only the post but the user's details too, such as posts, karma, location etc.
We tested that on a private forum, as it would be very easy to implement. Problem is, sometimes it is helpful to know that there is a post by someone that you are ignoring to understand the follow up posts.

Always open for suggestions.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:40 AM   #12
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
We tested that on a private forum, as it would be very easy to implement. Problem is, sometimes it is helpful to know that there is a post by someone that you are ignoring to understand the follow up posts.

That's what I thought... Maybe a small block "post by ignored user X" instead of the entire block?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Not exactly what you were after, but you can install a greasemonkey script that will automatically turn one word into another. Say, just for argument, you didn't like the words e-book reader and prefer the word 'liseuse', you would merely instruct the script to swap out one for the other. It's called Webvocab.

http://webvocab.sourceforge.net/
greasemonkey script?
Old 07-05-2010, 05:46 AM   #13
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
That's what I thought... Maybe a small block "post by ignored user X" instead of the entire block?

greasemonkey script?
it's an add-on for Firefox (and others?). https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748/
Old 07-05-2010, 05:57 AM   #14
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Maybe leaving only username would be a compromise?
Although if I ignore somebody then I am not supposed to care what other members reply to.
Also, very often when you reply to someone's post, you quote the post. So, even though I ignore somebody I would still be able to see why another members said something.

I am sorry I am not into forums and scripts etc. I cannot suggest something useful in that regard.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:10 AM   #15
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Good idea. Going to test it out asap.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote