Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 03:22 AM   #1
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Good value books

What ebooks have you bought recently that were good value?

I just bought this book from Waterstones. It's the sort of book that I wouldn't normally buy new, but at this price, it's worth it. Good for dipping into when you have the odd minute, and often raises a smile, which has to be worth the price of a pint.

I've got lots of "worthy" classics on my reader, so it's good to get some other kinds of stuff.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:29 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The 'good value' book's title referenced above is this:

"It Is Just You, Everything's Not Shit" by Steve Stacks.

I'm not familiar with the author.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
The book is a response to "Is it just me or is everything shit?" - a fairly popular book which is essentially an alphabetical list of things to grumble about. This response is an alphabetical list of positive things instead. It's lightweight, but I thought it was worth £2.st

I posted this because I'd struggled to find much at Waterstones at a reasonable price that wasn't already available free (there's a lot there that's available from Gutenberg that they've stuck a fancy cover on). My idea was that people might have found other stuff at a reasonable price (that can be bought from the UK!), but I think that there are probably other threads that cover this better.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
The book is a response to "Is it just me or is everything shit?" - a fairly popular book which is essentially an alphabetical list of things to grumble about. This response is an alphabetical list of positive things instead. It's lightweight, but I thought it was worth £2.st

I posted this because I'd struggled to find much at Waterstones at a reasonable price that wasn't already available free (there's a lot there that's available from Gutenberg that they've stuck a fancy cover on). My idea was that people might have found other stuff at a reasonable price (that can be bought from the UK!), but I think that there are probably other threads that cover this better.
That sounds interesting. This is the right place to post, by the way, Don was just letting those know who didn't click the link what book it was. People like me are too lazy to click links unless we are really interested
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote