Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #91
krhysling
krhysling began at the beginning.

Device: none
An update on stock and price

I went ahead and got the card and the Reader and noticed a few things that people might want to know.

First, I was immediately able to go the the SonyRewards site and make the purchase. I didn't need to wait at all.

Second, the blue and red Reader were out of stock. I wanted a blue but, this price, I'll live with the silver.

Third, although the price in the SonyRewards store shows as 30,495 points, when you checkout some kind of discount is applied that brings it down to 29,900 points. This is in addition to the 50 points you get for signing up.

I hope this information is useful for someone.

Kieran
krhysling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #92
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
The $100 credit finally showed up on the statement more then a week after I received the Sony. All is well.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #93
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
The $100 appeared for me shortly after I received the reader, and yesterday (about 5 weeks after I first ordered and less than a week after I made my first full payment on the card) I got call a phone call from Sony with a real person on the other end telling me I'd be receiving the rest of my credit soon. Nice!
Zero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:59 AM   #94
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
How long did it take to hear back from sony about being approved?

Also, apparently the $150 offer is now done, appears to be just $50 now.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #95
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you mean get approved for the Card? That was immediate. Yes that promotion was over.
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #96
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I signed up, and never got anything one way or another on it after I finished up.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:38 PM   #97
benham
Guru

That's strange. I got the card#, PIN#, Exp Date, etc, right away. Then I signed up for Sony Rewards and the promotion was right there. This ended June 14, I think.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:46 PM   #98
Zapped
Enthusiast
Zapped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Just wanted to mention that I did finally get the $50 credit from Sony Rewards for my PRS-505 reader, nearly two months after purchasing it online. I never called Sony to ask why there was a delay because the offer did mention 8-12 weeks to receive the credit.

It was actually a $52 credit listed as "CouponID(Other)" on my account, credited Aug 4 2009. As I mentioned in earlier posts, my initial purchase was for $298.50 (NOT $299 or more) on June 8 2009.

I have already burned through the $3000 charges necessary to get the three $100 credits from Chase (in less than two months), so now it's time to cut up the Sony VISA and return to my normal credit card. btw my experiment shows that despite Sony's somewhat-unclear wording, you get $100 immediately, $100 if you charge $1500 in the first 3 months, and another $100 if you charge an additional $1500 anytime in the first 6 months. You don't have to wait until the 4th, 5th, and 6th months to do the additional spending of $1500 to get that last $100 credit.

Sure wish every credit card I had paid me 10% cash back, but alas this golden goose is now dead
Zapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #99
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapped View Post
Just wanted to mention that I did finally get the $50 credit from Sony Rewards for my PRS-505 reader, nearly two months after purchasing it online. I never called Sony to ask why there was a delay because the offer did mention 8-12 weeks to receive the credit.

It was actually a $52 credit listed as "CouponID(Other)" on my account, credited Aug 4 2009. As I mentioned in earlier posts, my initial purchase was for $298.50 (NOT $299 or more) on June 8 2009.

I have already burned through the $3000 charges necessary to get the three $100 credits from Chase (in less than two months), so now it's time to cut up the Sony VISA and return to my normal credit card. btw my experiment shows that despite Sony's somewhat-unclear wording, you get $100 immediately, $100 if you charge $1500 in the first 3 months, and another $100 if you charge an additional $1500 anytime in the first 6 months. You don't have to wait until the 4th, 5th, and 6th months to do the additional spending of $1500 to get that last $100 credit.

Sure wish every credit card I had paid me 10% cash back, but alas this golden goose is now dead
That's great that each half of the $200 comes as soon as the $1500 and then $3000 total is reached. I'm going to switch back to my Sony Card (already reached the first $100 and was using my other rewards car until month 4 started). Thanks for coming back to tell us!
Zero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #100
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapped View Post

I just checked mine.

I bought my 505 on 6/18. Got the Chase credit for $100 on 6/22 and the $52 credit from Sony on 8/4, as well.

-Joe
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #101
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
double-posted

Last edited by richman; 09-02-2009 at 06:04 PM.
richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #102
richman
Addict

It's been 10 weeks and I still haven't gotten the 100 dollars back from chase. They said that since it was only 298.50 charge I missed the 299 by 50 cents. I told chase that the price was 299 and sony put in my cart 50 cents for starting account bringing it down the 298.50 and sony told me not to worry about it and that others got their money and that I would too in 8 to 10 weeks. Seems like chase is saying NO 298.50 is 50 cents short.
Called sony and they said they will sent it to their headquarters to check it out.
Everybody that did the sony deal check your statements to make sure you get the 100 dollars from chase.
I got the 52 dollars from sony after about 6 weeks.

Last edited by richman; 09-02-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:53 AM   #103
Zapped
Enthusiast
Zapped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by richman View Post
Seems like chase is saying NO 298.50 is 50 cents short.
As you probably saw from my earlier posts, the issue is not the initial $298.50 purchase. You can show 'em my chase statement with both the $298.50 purchase AND the $100 credit if you want.

There was very little fine print when I accepted the offer - just buy the darned reader & get the credit. The only wrinkle I can think of is that maybe you need to make an additional charge of any kind to push it over $299. Have you done that, or did you just buy the reader & stop using the card?

Remember, Chase was pitching in $300 in credits total, not to mention the $50 credit from Sony. When I got the credits from my normal charge activity, I called to cancel the card and switched back to my standard VISA which refunds me 1-3% of purchases.
Zapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #104
benham
Guru

That's the way I figured it too. We all apparently hadd the same situation and it didn't really tell you that you have to make an additional purchase. Getting an AC adapter would have done it. Now that Ihave the card I do not really understand the reward points that well but did get the $150 in credit promised.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #105
richman
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
That's the way I figured it too. We all apparently hadd the same situation and it didn't really tell you that you have to make an additional purchase. Getting an AC adapter would have done it. Now that Ihave the card I do not really understand the reward points that well but did get the $150 in credit promised.
I had called sony before I purchased the ereader and asked them why they put 50 cents in the cart knocking it below 299 and they said they can't remove the 50 cent sign on and that I would get the 2 credits and not to worry. It would take time and I told them to make a note on my account saying I called and questioned them about the 50 cent thing and they told me I would get both credits.
I didn't buy anything else within that 45 day period but have since put stuff on the card.
Did anyone not get the 100 dollars back from chase?
Please check your statements, I bought my ereader on 6 /15/09
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sony7.png
Views:	205
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	35427  

Tags
prs-505, sony