Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-18-2008, 08:17 PM   #1
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Genghis by Conn Iggulden

Category: Historical Fiction aka "Wolf of the Plains"

I had previously read the Emperor series about the life of Julius Caesar and really enjoyed it so I was looking for to his new series about Genghis Khan. I had it on my wish list waiting for the price to drop but after a friend told me he'd just read it and how good it was... well I caved and bought it.

I really enjoyed this first book in the series about the early life of Temujin. Excellent writing and great characters really bring the era to life. It starts with his birth and covers the first two decades of his life explaining why he united the Mongol tribes. If you're interested he has a much better synopsis on his website then I can write here.

I see on his website that he's finished the second book in the series but I haven't seen it as an ebook yet. Must resist until price drops.... probably not.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:11 PM   #2
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Genghis: Lords of the Bow (Book #2)

Darn you evil temptress Fictionwise... emailing me directly with Book #2 for $9.84. If it was $10 I think I could of held out for a year until the price dropped.

I just finished book # 2 in the Conqueror Series and although I still enjoyed it I didn't find it as good as the first book in the series. This book focused more on the military conquest of China and was an interesting and entertaining read but I found that some of the character that were developed in the first book became just secondary names in the events. I think he also struggled with a primary character that.... well lets face it was a little ruthless and difficult to empathize with. I'm still very much looking forward to the next book in the series but now I really do have to wait.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
fugsly
living dead girl
fugsly began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Thanks for this post Barcey.

I love the first (in tree format) and was waiting to get the 2nd in mobi. Think i'll wait till it's cheaper now
fugsly is offline   Reply With Quote