Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-18-2023, 08:03 AM   #1
Ariel212
Ariel212 began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook
Danger pf private data getting published?

Hi,
I really like calibre to keep my books, films and comments organised. So much, that I am thinking about using it for personal and business data as well.
With all those syncing options I wonder how private those libraries, that I did not connect to anything, would be. Do they sync to anything by default? Would I be able to change settings to stop that?
Any help welcome
Ariel212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 09:07 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
there is no syncing to anything automatically in vanilla calibre (without third party plugins). You have to click the send to device button to send any books to a connected device.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert