Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
Gregg Byron
Writer
Gregg Byron knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gregg Byron knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gregg Byron knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gregg Byron knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gregg Byron knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gregg Byron knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gregg Byron knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gregg Byron knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gregg Byron knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gregg Byron knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gregg Byron knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
Gregg Byron -- Nuke em in Je$u$' name...

First off, thanks to all the people responsible for this great forum. It takes money to run it, and yet, for the public, writers and readers and publishers, it's come on in, free of charge. Can't get any better than that. So, thanks again. The new, great world of indie publishing is only possible thanks to wonderful enterprises such as this.

That being said, my name is Gregg Byron, and I've just published a new novel [edit of self-promotion - moderator]

Shamelessly, perhaps, I refer to it as the long-awaited 9-11 novel. Not so much the terrible event itself; that's not what the 369-page novel is about. [edit of self-promotion - moderator]

Over the years, I've worked at a variety of jobs: pilot, flight instructor, writer, newspaper editor, etc.

But ever since I was in my 20s, I've wanted to see one of my books published. But to no avail. The old-school book-publishing paradigm was, as so many of you know, a closed-fraternity. Those without connections need not apply, no matter the quality of your book. Even those with connections - my last pitch to an agent came with a connection -- seldom did any good.

Meanwhile, we now learn, or maybe this info was out there before, but we learn that between 80 and 90 percent of all books published never even earned back their advance. So, clearly, the old-school book publishers and agents didn't know their @$$ from their elbow.

Then, one of my heroes, Jeff Bezos, came along and changed the whole book-publishing model, opening up the ebook market, and giving writing schmoes such as myself an opportunity to get our books into the hands of the world's readers.

Marketing it, though, that's now the tough nut to crack.

Hopefully, with forums such as this, I and other writers can draw attention to our books. And if they're any good, maybe, just maybe, we can sell a few.

Again, thanks for this opportunity, MobileRead.

[edit of self-promotion - moderator]

Last edited by dreams; 08-15-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: [edit of self-promotion - moderator]
Gregg Byron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome to MR
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Gregg, and luck with the book. I notice you don't list a reading device yourself. You still read ebooks on a PC, laptop or elsewhere? Either way, very best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
RagingPopulist
RagingPopulist began at the beginning.

Device: none
Good luck with your book.
RagingPopulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert