Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
zed88
zed88 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, nook
how to set an alternate reader as default for some file types?

I used to have Calibre set so that when I launched a .lit file it opened in Stanza.
I just upgraded to Mac OS X Snow Leopard and somewhere in all of the updating, I broke that relationship and can't seem to find the preference that I had set to do this.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks so much.
zed88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by zed88 View Post
I used to have Calibre set so that when I launched a .lit file it opened in Stanza.
I just upgraded to Mac OS X Snow Leopard and somewhere in all of the updating, I broke that relationship and can't seem to find the preference that I had set to do this.
Thanks so much.
Preferences: Behavior

Use Internal viewer: Un-tic LIT

(assumes that you have an external viewer for Lit installed )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
zed88
zed88 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Preferences: Behavior

Use Internal viewer: Un-tic LIT

(assumes that you have an external viewer for Lit installed )
Thanks so much - I've apparently broken Stanza which is why this no longer works.
zed88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by zed88 View Post
Thanks so much.
You can set this in the Mac finder. Also sets default from a launch in Calibre.

Select (highlight) one of the files you want to set (your epub file). Then "Get Info" (cmd I) from the finder. On the info panel it says "Open With".... you can select "Stanza" or whatever. Once you make the selection you can then "Change All" which sets Stanza to be the default app for ".epub"

Hope that helps.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote