Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 12-03-2016, 12:05 PM   #1
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Plugin debug output

Could someone please point me to the details about a semi-recent(ish) plugin api change concerning printing python debug output only when calibre is running in debug mode?

I remember reading it, but now I can't remember the specifics, and searching has proved fruitless so far.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 10:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
from calibre.constants import DEBUG

if DEBUG:
print(...)

There is no change, as ras as I know it has always been like that
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2016, 11:07 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
from calibre.constants import DEBUG

if DEBUG:
print(...)

There is no change, as ras as I know it has always been like that
Ah .. thanks. I thought there was something more recent mentioned about problems caused by plugins printing to stdout when NOT in debug mode. Might be a faulty memory, though.

In all honesty, I was just flailing for solutions to the KindleUnpack plugin issue before I tracked it down to the aboutToShow() signal in the other thread.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:21 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Ah .. thanks. I thought there was something more recent mentioned about problems caused by plugins printing to stdout when NOT in debug mode. Might be a faulty memory, though.
You may be thinking of this discussion:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=273208
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:12 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
You may be thinking of this discussion:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=273208
I think that is indeed the one. Thanks a lot.
Advert