Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-27-2014, 12:02 PM   #16
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Ordered two. Sure glad I kept downloading those free Fire TV apps that weren't compatible with my other devices. You never know when you might get something they'll work with.
Anything other than games officially supported?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:16 PM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Anything other than games officially supported?
...and streaming services. Not sure what else is compatible. Here's a link to the Fire TV appstore. It shows 634 compatible apps.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2014, 12:29 PM   #18
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
...and streaming services. Not sure what else is compatible. Here's a link to the Fire TV appstore. It shows 634 compatible apps.
I'm hoping for a reading app or at least a browser.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I'm hoping for a reading app or at least a browser.
Browser sounds good.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon now has two really cool stocking stuffers at impulse buying prices - Fire TV Stick ($39) and Fire HD 6 ($99).

Ho ho ho from Amazon Santa
Advert
Old 10-27-2014, 01:25 PM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

The mixed-up math of Amazon's Fire TV stick discounts
Quote:
Amazon has a bevy of discounts wrapped up in its launch of the Fire TV Stick, the e-tailer's answer to Google Chromecast -- but some of the deals aren't all that they appear.
From Amazon
Quote:
Eligible customers get a free 30-day trial of Netflix and Amazon Prime when they purchase Fire TV Stick.
Bottom line -- this is a false deal. The free month of Netflix and Prime are free to new customers only; and both services already offer free 1-month trial periods to new customers. So, where's the deal?
Old 10-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #22
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Ordered two. I had preordered the Fire TV when it first came out, and sent it back because I did not like the user interface, missing browser app, and non-Amazon search (one long line of letters, so imagine going from a to z with a remote that only allows you to go forward or backward by one single letter. plus I like that my Roku 3 treats every app like in a real democracy on the home screen and in search

At $19, I can live with the issues I had, probably.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #23
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Bottom line -- this is a false deal. The free month of Netflix and Prime are free to new customers only; and both services already offer free 1-month trial periods to new customers. So, where's the deal?
I don't know how they justify the Netflix, but maybe the Prime thing is the same as the one from the initial Fire launch: The Prime month activated automatically with the device, with no need to give payment info and no automatic renewal. And you could use it, IIRC, even if you used the regular one month trial. Just guessing.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #24
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
...and the number of free-range, unpicked nits drops even lower.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #25
delph
Tabby
delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Mini, Lenovo Yoga 2 10"
I have two Chromecasts that I'm extremely happy with, to the point that I resent using a remote anymore. I also have a Roku stick that came with my last tv purchase. But for $20? Yep, that's worth an impuse try.
delph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
...because I did not like the user interface, missing browser app, and non-Amazon search (one long line of letters, so imagine going from a to z with a remote that only allows you to go forward or backward by one single letter.
Just use Amazon content - problem solved
Old 10-27-2014, 01:42 PM   #27
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I just ordered two. One for my husband to travel with, one for my mother-in-law.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #28
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
For $19? Heck yeah I pre-ordered one.
As did I. This will be my first device like this I have ever owned. I'm looking forward to it.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:16 PM   #29
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
The product page shows that it does work with Prime Music.

Your partner in Prime—Enjoy unlimited access to more than 40,000 movies and TV episodes with Prime Instant Video, including The HBO Collection, and original shows like Transparent and Alpha House, plus new Prime Music

Also the stick comes with a remote, but it's not a voice remote.
It looks like by the time it is released, Prime Music will be available. I would expect an update for the Fire TV box to come out around the same time. I got my Fire TV in June, if I had known this stick was coming out, I probably would have held off buying it. Still, it will make good Christmas presents. If they want the voice search, they can buy their own remote, otherwise, they will get the one that comes with it.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:18 PM   #30
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I ordered one at lunchtime about four hours ago and the delivery date was December 2 already.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote