Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-09-2017, 03:25 AM   #91
Mage3
Enthusiast
Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML Carta series
Is there any reason why the app has been removed from f-droid?
Mage3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:38 PM   #92
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage3 View Post
Is there any reason why the app has been removed from f-droid?
I have just checked - the app is there, both via web interface and F-Droid client.
https://f-droid.org/packages/com.gacode.relaunchx/
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:36 AM   #93
Joydeck
Joydeck began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
ReLaunch Searching Issue

I've finally solved my longstanding ReLaunch searching issue. The Search in ReLaunch would only find a small fraction of the books searched for, in a folder structure several levels deep.

Search will not find any book inside a folder, whose name contains a comma, or in any of its subfolders. For instance, a folder named Austen, Jane is unsearchable while Austen; Jane with a semicolon works just fine.

This seems to result from the use by ReLaunch of a comma in Search root to separate multiple directory.
Joydeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:26 AM   #94
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joydeck View Post
Search will not find any book inside a folder, whose name contains a comma, or in any of its subfolders. For instance, a folder named Austen, Jane is unsearchable while Austen; Jane with a semicolon works just fine.
Interesting. It is rather unusual to put a comma or semicolon inside directory name.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:14 AM   #95
Joydeck
Joydeck began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Interesting. It is rather unusual to put a comma or semicolon inside directory name.
Unusual? With large folder of novelists, it seems natural to have the novelist sub-folders ordered by surname rather than Christian name. Hence Austen, Jane.

Search using the original Nook Library launcher, of course, worked fine.
Joydeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 04:06 AM   #96
R-Hat
R-Hat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Boyue T62E
I run ReLaunch X on Boyue T62+ and it works pretty well.
The older version 1.3.2 works for me better than 1.4.3.

The thing I appreciate the most is the landscape + file manager. Once FBReader turns the page to landscape, it stays that way.

The downsides are inability to access the SD card (really, couldn't navigate out of the internal memory, though my Total Commander can, the reader is rooted) and the bad responsiveness to touch when opening files. If I press too short, it does not react. If I press too long, it opens the options selection for the file. Usually I just try a couple of light taps.
R-Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:25 AM   #97
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Hat View Post

The thing I appreciate the most is the landscape + file manager. Once FBReader turns the page to landscape, it stays that way.
Do you mean that the landscape + file manager works on 1.3.2 but not 1.4.3? It's not clear what's the actual difference which makes 1.3.2 better.

Quote:
The downsides are inability to access the SD card (really, couldn't navigate out of the internal memory, though my Total Commander can, the reader is rooted)
Have you tried: Settings -> Advanced settings -> General Settings -> Don't leave start directory

Your SD card may be mounted outside of the visible storage tree so you need to add it to "Start directory(s)" or un-check the above option to be able to go up out of internal storage to choose the external storage.

Quote:
and the bad responsiveness to touch when opening files. If I press too short, it does not react. If I press too long, it opens the options selection for the file. Usually I just try a couple of light taps.
Sounds like problem with the reader speed and touch interface together which does not give the right visual response for the user.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:36 AM   #98
R-Hat

Quote:
Do you mean that the landscape + file manager works on 1.3.2 but not 1.4.3? It's not clear what's the actual difference which makes 1.3.2 better.
Both are working. However, the newer version has less responsive buttons to my tapping on touchscreen, or longer lag, I'm not sure which. Also I've had a greater problem navigating. On the newer version I navigated into some sub-folder and set it as home folder and I could not get up and away from it back to the Android home folder. I had to reinstall the launcher.

Quote:
Have you tried: Settings -> Advanced settings -> General Settings -> Don't leave start directory

Your SD card may be mounted outside of the visible storage tree so you need to add it to "Start directory(s)" or un-check the above option to be able to go up out of internal storage to choose the external storage.
That might be it. I unchecked the thing.
The result was, now I touch and hold the Home button and I can see the SD card. For some reason Android directory is named "sd card", so I named the storage "external_sd". I can see it, but when I go there, it's empty. The Boyue is rooted (Kingroot) and other apps can go there (Totalcmd, Search Everything).
Maybe I'll try it with the new version. But I'm fairly happy now, I've got the home directory as my Dropbox folder.

Quote:
Sounds like problem with the reader speed and touch interface together which does not give the right visual response for the user.
Yes, that's definitely the case. Sometimes the interface is more reliable than I thought, I just needed to be more patient, as the visual response lacks with the file and app items. Sometimes it just doesn't react, unless I resort to series of short taps and waiting. Some visual feedback would be nice, to see if it worked or not.
Btw, is there a reason why can't I kill the Google Chrome process in background running apps?

Last edited by R-Hat; 08-26-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:45 AM   #99
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Both are working. However, the newer version has less responsive buttons to my tapping on touchscreen, or longer lag, I'm not sure which.
I guess it might be just the problem that RelaunchX is compiled using the latest SDK. Perhaps the newest framework is little bit slower than the one from 2 years ago but I will check if there are any new properties to fine tune the UI animation/responsiveness.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2017, 06:40 PM   #100
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
I run ReLaunch X on Boyue T62+ and it works pretty well.
Hi, first of all thanks for sharing with us your launcher . I want to try it in my Boyue Paper (Likebook Plus). From Fdroid I just can download version 1.3.1. Where are those other 1.3.2 and 1.4.3 versions?
I think the link to Fdroid in the first post doesn't work
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:09 AM   #101
R-Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
Hi, first of all thanks for sharing with us your launcher . I want to try it in my Boyue Paper (Likebook Plus). From Fdroid I just can download version 1.3.1. Where are those other 1.3.2 and 1.4.3 versions?
I think the link to Fdroid in the first post doesn't work
This link still works for me: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m6llld...unch_1.4.3.apk
Some guy on the XDA forum saved it. Give it a try and tell us how it went!
Old 10-07-2017, 06:00 PM   #102
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
This link still works for me: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m6llld...unch_1.4.3.apk
Some guy on the XDA forum saved it. Give it a try and tell us how it went!
Thanks. So it is not talking about ReLaunchX, but about ReLaunch Russian mod instead, right?

Last edited by colibris79; 10-13-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #103
R-Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
Thanks. So it is talking about not about ReLaunchX, but about ReLaunch Russian mod instead, right?
Sorry, I have no idea what's the difference. I just found some links. No idea what happened to the original ReLaunch.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:44 PM   #104
plusz
Addict

Hello, I've been away for some time, sorry

This thread is already quite long so the story got buried down in the history... but it's simple

ReLaunch was developed on GitHub up to version 1.3.8 then the author announced that he lost his interest in it.
Some Russian community picked it up and developed it further but did not work with GitHub. One day they posted a zip with sources of 1.4.* version on a forum.

I have found ReLaunch on F-Droid and I liked it, though it had few serious issues so I picked up the code and refreshed it (mainly bug fixes). To minimise any confusion I renamed my fork to ReLaunchX which stands for ReLaunch for Boox Max, though I intended to keep the compatibility when possible.

Bottom line:
ReLaunchX 1.0.0 = ReLaunch 1.3.8
Any new development increased the ReLaunchX version, current is 1.3.1
Old 11-01-2017, 05:54 PM   #105
colibris79
Zealot

Quote:

Bottom line:
ReLaunchX 1.0.0 = ReLaunch 1.3.8
Any new development increased the ReLaunchX version, current is 1.3.1
Thanks. Now it's clear