Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-28-2017, 05:38 AM   #271
softlight
softlight began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML Carta2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
I would appreciate if you could PM me a link.

Which version is it? Same as on the banggood-shipped devices?
The link is up there now
softlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:28 PM   #272
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by softlight View Post
At last I got the stock English firmware directly from Boyue for my Jdread T63HD. It's simple and doesn't have much.
If anyone else is wondering, the image posted contains Boyue-Ereader_V1.0.2-2016041300. I haven't flashed it myself.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:56 AM   #273
softlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
If anyone else is wondering, the image posted contains Boyue-Ereader_V1.0.2-2016041300. I haven't flashed it myself.
Yes it is. The link contains two files which are the same version.
One thing that I noticed using it, is that the frontlight doesn't change in levels but just ON and OFF.

Can we use some parts of the newest version of the ROM to upgrade this one?

Talking to Boyue they said that this is a baremetal version. So don't expect much from it.
But being such a thing I believe we can customize it to our liking.

Last edited by softlight; 06-29-2017 at 01:08 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:15 AM   #274
softlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
http://42.121.0.77/cms/firmware/Boyue-T63HD-JD/

I see a new update has come out this week has anyone tested it yet and does it support English
I tested it, and no it doesn't support English yet.

But word is, a global version is coming out in August.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:13 AM   #275
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Has anyone got any recommendations about firmware for T63 as the current firmware has with root and Google play has really bad battery life. Even with wifi off my T63 goes from 50~% to dead on standby. My previous device used to last around 3 weeks with 1 hour reading a day. This device I charge read an hour put it on standby and the device is dead the next day

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:49 AM   #276
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Has anyone got any recommendations about firmware for T63 as the current firmware has with root and Google play has really bad battery life. Even with wifi off my T63 goes from 50~% to dead on standby. My previous device used to last around 3 weeks with 1 hour reading a day. This device I charge read an hour put it on standby and the device is dead the next day

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker
I think there's a bug in firmware which causes tablet to die in its sleep. Some users reported earlier that the workaround is to enable WiFi.

I ended up making it shutdown completely after 30 minutes.

Sadly, no better INTL firmware has been posted than what Banggood ships it with.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:30 AM   #277
carltonbp
Connoisseur
carltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enough

Device: Icarus Illumina
I can't say mine dies quickly but the battery life isn't great. I don't have wifi on but I do read always with the back light on. I've got the T62+ (ES version) and the ES HD pro and they're both better for battery.
carltonbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:04 AM   #278
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonbp View Post
I can't say mine dies quickly but the battery life isn't great. I don't have wifi on but I do read always with the back light on. I've got the T62+ (ES version) and the ES HD pro and they're both better for battery.
The auto shutdown option works well though waiting for it to boot is an annoyance.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:28 AM   #279
carltonbp
Connoisseur
carltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enough

Weirdly my battery just lasted less than a week with very little use. Anyway at 11pm last night it was fully charged so see how long it lasts this time.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:22 PM   #280
carltonbp
Connoisseur

I've now got the low battery warning, 14%. I haven't fully read one book yet. I use it with the light on, no fully though, wifi etc turned off. So it lasted 6 nights and I guess about 6 hours max.

also the problem with the screen, too requently I use the screen to turn page and it doesn't register. If I use the screen again the font will magnify, if I use the page turn button it will go forward 2 pages. It's getting really annoying.

Hopefully there will be some firmware, it's overdue.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:35 PM   #281
Dopedangel
Wizard

I haven't had to recharge my reader yet with about 1 hour of reading a day and starting it 3 times a day the battery is around 70% after 2 weeks. Though it does reset while I am reading once in a while for no reason and have to wait for the device to start back up.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:27 AM   #282
carltonbp
Connoisseur

Mine doesn't power off it goes into standby. I started used the ES Pro HD last night instead so see how long that lasts on a similar setup.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:24 AM   #283
carltonbp
Connoisseur

So from the 27th I used the ES proHD. I finished a book last night 540 pages, still 46% left. 11 days and plenty left.

So that's a huge difference with the T63 that lasted 6 nights before being 14%. I'm going to try the ES T62+ version now as I start a new book.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:31 PM   #284
carltonbp
Connoisseur

I emailed Boyue to ask if there was a software update coming 3 weeks ago. Did it in mandarin and English but no reply. I think I'm going to sell it on ebay
Old 11-25-2017, 09:35 AM   #285
softlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonbp View Post
I emailed Boyue to ask if there was a software update coming 3 weeks ago. Did it in mandarin and English but no reply. I think I'm going to sell it on ebay
there's an onyx boox c67ml version which works fine for T63HD.
If you're interested you can download it from this link:
The one : JDRead_文石18_精简root.7z