Old 09-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #16
Sujit
Sujit began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have some book digitization needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsreenivas View Post
- BANNED MEMBER - Moderator
Please could you contact me. We have a small group of individuals who are working on preserving the old books/journal articles on particular discipline of philosophy. From time to time we might get author permission to scan/digitize a book or two, solely for non-profitable purposes. We need to have an arrangement with a scanning and DTP house to have these books converted to an online format for free distribution to the students/academic community doing research on this philosophy. Please could you get in touch with me to discuss how we could possibly use your services and how much it would cost to do a book etc.

Thanks

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-19-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Sujit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #17
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujit View Post
Please could you contact me. We have a small group of individuals who are working on preserving the old books/journal articles on particular discipline of philosophy. From time to time we might get author permission to scan/digitize a book or two, solely for non-profitable purposes. We need to have an arrangement with a scanning and DTP house to have these books converted to an online format for free distribution to the students/academic community doing research on this philosophy. Please could you get in touch with me to discuss how we could possibly use your services and how much it would cost to do a book etc.

Thanks
That post is from three years ago. I would strongly suggest you try emailing him or her directly yourself. Trust me when I tell you, "scanning and OCR" and "ebook conversion companies" spring up and die off daily in India. I receive not less than 10 emails a week from companies in Delhi and Chennai, at least 9.9 of which are in someone's backyard, with a "full dedicated staff ready to serve your slightest inconvenience." [sic]. Good luck.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote