Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-09-2024, 11:09 AM   #1
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
PocketBook InkPad Eo - note taking device with 10,3 Kaleido 3

New note-taking e-reader will be released soon as PocketBook InkPad Eo. Main features:
- colour 10,3' E-Ink Kaleido 3 screen;
- Wacom digital layer and stylus;
- Android 11.

PocketBook has sent out official announcement. More about the new device here: http://cyfranek.booklikes.com/post/6...z-androidem-11
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 12:25 PM   #2
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Ah, I wondered whether it had become the Era Color. What's an Eo, apart from a film about a donkey?

Official PocketBook announcement
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2024, 08:27 AM   #3
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Ah, I wondered whether it had become the Era Color. What's an Eo, apart from a film about a donkey?
No idea Probably just name which was not used before for such device
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 04:52 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I had forgotten about the Eo. Here's the video they've posted on YouTube.

Listing on PocketBook's site.

Last edited by rcentros; 04-16-2024 at 05:13 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 05:08 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
No idea Probably just name which was not used before for such device
About the best I can come up with is that "Eo" is short for "Eos" = "dawn."

Last edited by rcentros; 04-16-2024 at 05:13 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 07:44 AM   #6
Rémi Ozene
Rémi Ozene began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad lite 970
Feedback after purchasing the Android 11 ereader and e-notebook, Pocketbook Inkpad EO, for €580 on Amazon.

The purpose of my purchase was to be able to read large, searchable PDF files from books in digital libraries such as Archive.org in full sunlight, outside, offline, with access to dictionaries, especially Stardict DICT, but also Babylon BGL, DICTD, or Abbyy Lingvo DSL. or SLOB, XDXF, AARD, MDICT, EPWING. via GoldenDict or, failing that, Koreader.

I installed without difficulty the free Android reading application, Librera from the Playstore, on this new Android Pocketbook Inkpad Eo e-reader, which thus works perfectly and quickly with large PDF files without any redistribution, from Archive.org, while retaining the publisher's format of a original book with the possibility of zooming and where reading becomes a pleasure because of its speed, like on a smartphone. However, I bought Moon+Reader Pro (€9.49, while Librera Pro is €5.49), directly from the Playstore, whose interface I prefer, and whose functions are similar with Librera. On the other hand, I was unable to buy the latest paid version of GoldenDict's Android 1.7.2 apk, as no email was sent to me to validate the purchase, even though the free version of GoldenDict 1.6.8 (limited to 5 dictionaries) was working good. Searching on the Internet, I discovered an improved independent version of
official GoldenDict, which works like a charm. Free Mdict, whose references can be found on Github, and which does the same power-shell work to manage dictionaries: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/issues/1604 , the file name is GoldenDict.v.1.7.2.lic_sig.kill.apk . Perhaps I should have installed the latest official Android 1,,7,2 paid apk version of GoldenDict on my Smartphone first, and not on the InkPad, to ensure successful payment: mystery?

The only drawback of the PocketBook Inkpad Eo is that its interface doesn't yet support the French language. So I had to choose a language other than French, in this case Italian, for ease of use. For the Librera interface, I was able to use the French language, but not for Moon+Reader, which required the system language, in this case, always Italian. I installed nearly 60 dictionaries, mainly in Stardict format, which the Free Mdict application, the improved of GoldenDict, all supported.

So I said goodbye to my previous Inkpad Lite reader with 500 Mega RAM ( for 4 Gigas for the EO ), for which I used to have to tinker, before, with K2pdfopt or Abbyy FineReader, the searchable PDF book files, with frequent failures or significant slowness and also numerous bugs, even with Koreader. Being a computer ignoramus, I don't think I'm going to venture into the installation of Koreader on this new Android Pocketbook Eo reader, the pairing of Free Mdict (an improved version of GoldenDict) and Moon+Reader or Librera, meeting my needs: reading searchable PDF books without difficulty, particularly language manuals, with fingertip dictionary queries; note-taking or color being gimmicks for me. Librera or Moon+Reader, in their free or paid versions, also synchronize automatically with the Android smartphone.

Note that the default reading application on the Pocketbook Inkpad Eo, paradoxically, reads large PDF files from Archive.org at a snail's pace and with difficulty, which also makes the dictionaries offered, such as Google Translate, Abbyy Lingvo, Fora Dictionary or Reverso context unusable in practice. As a result, I'm never going to use it, limiting myself to the combination of the Android applications, Free Mdict and Moon+Reader or Librera, which are easy to install via the Playstore and Apk, and ensure smooth, easy reading from large PDF files of books.

The actual screen size, in theory10.3 inches, color ( for me, bland) at150 dpi and 300 dpi black and white, Kaleido 3, is in fact 15.6 by 20.6 cm, or 6.14 by 8.11 inches (so 10.1 inches diagonally), which mimics the size of a classic paper book. There's a slot for a micro SDHC card of up to 32 gigabytes (a 64-gig SDXC card didn't work), with 64 gigabytes of internal memory. The only languages allowed for the interface are English, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Ukrainian and Russian. The reader obviously has Wi-Fi, 5, Bluetooth 5.0, a USB-C port, note-taking, a supplied Wacom stylus, audio and photo, an Octa-core processor and weighs quite heavily (470g), with a 4000 mA battery. Finally, the presentation of the casing is almost luxurious.
Rémi Ozene is offline   Reply With Quote