Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-04-2022, 09:20 AM   #1
Grannygamer
Grannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PSR-900
Nova Air C ereader software

I just got this yesterday. Calibre recognized it instantly and transferred my book choices without any problem into the library. When I want to read one of these books, it opens just fine and is using whatever built-in ereader software the Nova Air comes with.

I also installed the Kindle software app thru Google Play and downloaded some of my Amazon books and read those without issue.

The question is: I prefer the Kindle reading app to the built-in Nova software and can't figure out how to transfer the books in my Nova Air library to the Kindle book library. I don't see a folder in storage. Alternatively, can Calibre be set up (either wired or wireless, as I can turn on the content server) to transfer the books directly into the Kindle app on the Nova?
Grannygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 11:45 AM   #2
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
If you check out Settings in the Kindle app, look for Local File Access. That will allow you to specify other folders where the Kindle app can search for books. That may be the simplest solution to your question!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2022, 12:18 PM   #3
Grannygamer
Grannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PSR-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
If you check out Settings in the Kindle app, look for Local File Access. That will allow you to specify other folders where the Kindle app can search for books. That may be the simplest solution to your question!
GENIUS! Oh my gosh, that worked perfectly. I so appreciate your response; you've done your good deed for the day!
Grannygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 01:24 PM   #4
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannygamer View Post
GENIUS! Oh my gosh, that worked perfectly. I so appreciate your response; you've done your good deed for the day!
Glad to be of help! (As I go riding off into the sunset...) ; )
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 03:54 AM   #5
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
The question is: I prefer the Kindle reading app to the built-in Nova software
Do you prefer it in every occasion, for every kind of books ?
Being native, Neoreader has many features, like dictionary support and note taking features, even scribbling with the pen, that you just can't have in the kindle app.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2022, 11:07 AM   #6
devilsangel360
devilsangel360 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note 2, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
I just got this yesterday. Calibre recognized it instantly and transferred my book choices without any problem into the library. When I want to read one of these books, it opens just fine and is using whatever built-in ereader software the Nova Air comes with.

I also installed the Kindle software app thru Google Play and downloaded some of my Amazon books and read those without issue.

The question is: I prefer the Kindle reading app to the built-in Nova software and can't figure out how to transfer the books in my Nova Air library to the Kindle book library. I don't see a folder in storage. Alternatively, can Calibre be set up (either wired or wireless, as I can turn on the content server) to transfer the books directly into the Kindle app on the Nova?
Both Calibre and calibreweb can be setup to transfer books to Kindle. I can't recall the exact buttons and menus but on settings, you will be able to setup an outgoing email address (approved/allowed in Kindle settings). I have been using Calibreweb/Lazylibrarian on a home server to automate send of books since past 2 years without an issue. With Amazon moving the goalposts in August, things might get more complicated
devilsangel360 is offline   Reply With Quote