Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 09-20-2021, 05:44 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubGeek View Post
I wish I could figure out where in the files for this older version that the setting is so that I could change it.

It sorts as such? Hmm. Must be something changed for the more current versions. On the older one I have, if I sort by Author, I get:

Peter Watts - Blindsight - I of Firefall
Peter Watts - Echopraxia - II of Firefall
Peter Watts - The Colonel - 1.5 of Firefall

If I sort by Series, then the books are in correct order, but the authors are all over the place

However, I suspect that, for this instance, I'll need to learn how to set up a custom sort order [Author, then Series, then Series_Index, and then (if no series) Title].
Authors will always be all over the place no matter what you do IF there is a conflict between fields. You can't have 2 sorts at the same time.
OTOH Calibre biases sorts (IIRC 3 levels) by the previous sorted field.
eg sort {title}, then {Author_Sort} and all Authors books will be in Title order
BUT
If you have a Series with different Authors (combinations), then you can NOT have it both ways You sort by Series (includes Index) or Authors
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 10:00 AM   #17
CubGeek
Connoisseur
CubGeek began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro, Kindle basic
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Authors will always be all over the place no matter what you do IF there is a conflict between fields. You can't have 2 sorts at the same time.
OTOH Calibre biases sorts (IIRC 3 levels) by the previous sorted field.
eg sort {title}, then {Author_Sort} and all Authors books will be in Title order
BUT
If you have a Series with different Authors (combinations), then you can NOT have it both ways You sort by Series (includes Index) or Authors
Yeah, I'm learning that the metadata isn't always consistent across the epubs that I have. So, making it a priority to sanitize and standardize the data before I go much further.
CubGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2021, 08:32 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubGeek View Post
Yeah, I'm learning that the metadata isn't always consistent across the epubs that I have. So, making it a priority to sanitize and standardize the data before I go much further.
Scroll thru the Authors Section of the Tag Browser and you might spot variations. I prefer to start there as I can use the Tag Browser to SEE the titles (I have a couple of Authors with near identical names)

BUT FIRST
Use the Quality Check Plugin to identify authors metadata issue.
Be sure to configure the PI for YOUR desired Initials.
That is used to detect issues AND FIX (a section of the PI) those selected.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote