Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
darkpoet
ePub Headbanger
darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Boox Poke4 / Sony PRS-505
My first book, a work of ePub art...

Since most of the online publishers have strict guidelines for submitted works, and my epub has just had too much effort to be wasted on run-of-the-mill formatting... I've uploaded it here at MobileRead. Nevermind the original book, which represents years of my life, the epub itself took months to complete. It contains unique embedded fonts and graphics that should (I hope) look great on any ebook reader.

In my (humble) opinion, I think it is a work of eArt... ha.

Here it is:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=815201

I hope it isn't considered cross-posting, as I want feedback regarding the writing, typesetting, style, etc. here in this forum.
darkpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Wow, Kallisti is a work of art! I just skimmed through it and I'm amazed at what you've done.

I'm going to load this on my ECO Reader and concentrate on reading it properly. At first glance, the content seems thoughtful, dark and wistfully sad, and I can't wait to read it in depth.

Have I said I really admire the formatting?

I note that "5 Ways to Die" looks a bit strange in Adobe DE on my PC. I feel really bad posting this, when the book is so beautiful. Is it meant to look like this?

I've also added a typical page as an example of how well-crafted this book is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kallisti.JPG
Views:	376
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	47298   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kallisti2.JPG
Views:	362
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	47299  
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2010, 05:01 AM   #3
darkpoet
ePub Headbanger
darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Boox Poke4 / Sony PRS-505
Ah, 5 Ways to Die which gave me so much trouble... Originally I wanted actually text but ADE doesn't seem to honor Left-to-right formatting so I inserted a graphic. It looks best at full-size (which is 560 pixels wide, I think most "Hard" Readers are 600 pixels) - can you increase the viewing-space width of your viewer?

Thanks for the formatting compliment. A lot of guidance for that came from this site.
darkpoet is offline   Reply With Quote