Notices

Old 05-22-2023, 09:33 AM   #1
w00dent0p
Connoisseur
w00dent0p began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Catalogue of books uses creation date as Author

Hi,

I guess this is intentional, but I see that when using Calibre to create an EPUB catalogue of books in the library, the resulting EPUB has today's date as the author. I assume this means that the author will change on a daily basis.

I export my library to the cloud (for syncing to other devices), and use author name(s) as part of the book path/folder.

It would be great if there could be an option to provide a fixed string, say 'Calibre', or some other configurable string to use as author, so that the resulting catalogue is always stored in the same place.

Hope this makes sense, and can be considered as a future enhancement.

Many thanks.
w00dent0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 09:49 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can probably use the action chains plugin to run the catalog creation and change its author after.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2023, 09:50 AM   #3
w00dent0p
Connoisseur
w00dent0p began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hi,

Now I just realised that the above behaviour (using the creation date as author) only seems to happen when the 'Add catalogue to library' option is unchecked, and the resulting EPUB catalogue is then manually imported back into Calibre.

If 'Add catalogue to library' is checked, then 'Calibre' is used as Author, which is perfect.

Is this a discrepancy that should be fixed?
w00dent0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 11:23 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not something I care about but patches are welcome.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote