Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 02-06-2023, 12:18 PM   #1
vermontcathy
Connoisseur
vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 11, PW5, Oasis
Kindle 2 - a few scuffs & e-ink marks - $5+shipping

I bought a bundle of three old kindles off eBay from Goodwill because I wanted 1 or 2 of them. One that I don't want is a K2. The biggest issue is that this kindle doesn't have wi-fi, it came with just 3G cell connection, and 3G is no longer a supported cell phone connection. So you can't connect to the internet to download books. You can connect it to a computer with a standard micro-USB cord and side-load books. But you can't register it with your Amazon account (they no longer support it) so if books have DRM, you can't read those books on this kindle because there's no way to get Amazon to allow you to download the books in a way to work on this kindle - even if you bought the books on Amazon.

So the only books you can read on this kindle are book with no DRM (or with the DRM removed).

The other problem is that there are some scuffs on the screen (fairly minor - how noticeable they are depends on how the light is hitting the screen) and there are two little blobs of darkness on the screen (about the size of a piece of rice, so small, but noticeable) from where the e-ink screen isn't working right. You can totally read through the blobs - they're small. But could be annoying. No charging cord is included, but it's standard micro-USB.

So... $5 plus shipping. I'm in Vermont, so the northeast will be cheapest. I'm guessing about $5-$6 for shipping, but please send me your zip code and I'll get you an exact quote.

Photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5PEnkF3bsavwzqb46

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vVPixn9AHfP88eLD7
vermontcathy is offline   Reply With Quote