Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-13-2022, 05:44 AM   #1111
HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You could remove the custom column that holds your annotations.
Thank you this worked perfectly!
HappyGilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 09:15 AM   #1112
LuisNeto
LuisNeto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There might be one for Kobo devices with epubs, but, that will happen when I have more than a few moments of time to sit down and write the code.
Hi, davidfor. Could you share whether you have started working on this, or whether you any idea about when you might do so?
It would be awesome to have it integrated with Calibre's highlighting feature!
LuisNeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2022, 10:00 AM   #1113
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisNeto View Post
Hi, davidfor. Could you share whether you have started working on this, or whether you any idea about when you might do so?
It would be awesome to have it integrated with Calibre's highlighting feature!
I'll copy the answer I posted elsewhere earlier in the month so that I can find it the next time someone asks.

Quote:
And please don't ask when I will do it. Honestly, I wouldn't use it myself (unless maybe Kovid makes it easy to use annotations with the editor) and things like this usually happen when I am bored or get some sort of inspiration. Unfortunately, work is occupying enough of the developer's corner of my brain, that I haven't been doing much else. And there are some significant issues with doing it. For epubs and PDFs, it might be "easy", but for other formats, it will not be.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 02:45 PM   #1114
LuisNeto
LuisNeto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Honestly, I wouldn't use it myself (unless maybe Kovid makes it easy to use annotations with the editor)
Could you help me understand what you mean here? Which editor? The book editor inside Calibre?

Quote:
For epubs and PDFs, it might be "easy", but for other formats, it will not be.
I'm only interested in EPUB (as I use a Kobo e-reader) and perhaps PDFs.

I'm a developer (with over 15 years of experience) and although I haven't coded in Python, I'm tempted to familiarise myself with the codebase and see if I could contribute to the project to help implement this.
LuisNeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 12:30 PM   #1115
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Is the Sony code out-of-date because it's unsupported, or just because no one maintains it?
I see that it tries to call apsw.connect(), which doesn't exist, and code for other devices uses apsw.Connection().

It's also missing a setting of location_sort on the Annotation objects - I'm not sure how to compute that value - I assume it can be set to "dict_of_anns[timestamp]['location'][0]", but then two-digit pages are sorted after three-digit pages.

After making these changes, I get no errors when importing annotations, but they are associated with the wrong books in the library. Any idea why?

Last edited by salty-horse; 09-24-2022 at 02:47 PM.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2022, 07:20 AM   #1116
Frankee
Frankee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy

Quote:
Ah, you want to send annotations to the device. Sorry, I don't know of any tools/plugins/scripts that will do that. The bookmarks are stored in the database, so a little SQL is what is needed to do it. I have done it a couple of times, but haven't had the need to automate it.
I know this post is really old, but I came here because I was looking for a solutions to send back highlights to my books. And I confirm that with the plugin you can't.

This morning, after connecting the Kindle to Calibre, I lost all reading progress and all highlights in some book. I see the highlights in MyClippings.txt BUT they seem not to be associated with the book... so if I open the book I can't see any of them. It's really frustrating because I was at 88% of a book with tons of highlights. And boom... I lost everything.
Any ideas? I really appreciate it.

@davidfor could you share how to access to the DB you mentioned?
Frankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 09:12 PM   #1117
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankee View Post

@davidfor could you share how to access to the DB you mentioned?
I don't know who will maintain the plugin, after Davidfor's death
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 03:53 AM   #1118
Frankee
Frankee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm sorry to hear that... :'-(
I had no idea :-(
Frankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 03:13 AM   #1119
aik099
Enthusiast
aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
Nobody is dead here unless proven otherwise.

@davidfor is just replying when he has the time.
aik099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 03:22 PM   #1120
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
Quote:
Originally Posted by aik099 View Post

See the thread linked to on the MR homepage: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=348925
wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 04:10 PM   #1121
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Nobody would joke about a member dying. That's just not done.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 04:16 PM   #1122
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:

You're being very rude.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=348925

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-20-2022 at 04:19 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 07:54 PM   #1123
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

That was Extremely poor taste.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 01:54 AM   #1124
aik099
Enthusiast
aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
I don't know who will maintain the plugin, after Davidfor's death
My apologies.

Looking at @dunhill post, I thought he was disappointed about the long response times from @davidfor and that's why he was talking about the possible scenario of his death. Which I thought was inappropriate and hence my response.

I wasn't meant to be rude.
aik099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 04:04 AM   #1125
Amandaville
Amandaville began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
How do I completely remove the timestamp/header and export only the annotation text?
Amandaville is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sampleexportingapp