Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 05:46 AM   #301
forex4x
forex4x began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
bonjour mon kobo aura hd n affiche rien j ai besoin d une image kobo aura hd merci
Old 11-03-2017, 06:55 AM   #302
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Advert
Old 11-06-2017, 11:40 PM   #303
Nicoalejandro
Nicoalejandro began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
nooooo i used the image it works the firmware but the touchscreen no ¿what can i do? please helpme
Old 11-07-2017, 12:16 AM   #304
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Answered in the Touch thread because that's where I saw it first. But, as this is an Aura HD, let's keep it here. So:

Have you put the device back together? The Touch is IR beams shone across the screen. It needs to be reassembled correctly to work.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:47 AM   #305
forex4x
forex4x began at the beginning.

me too my touch screen didnt work i think we need an other imag kobo aura hd
Advert
Old 11-10-2017, 05:49 AM   #306
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forex4x View Post
me too my touch screen didnt work i think we need an other imag kobo aura hd
I doubt that would help. To the best of my knowledge, there was only one version of hardware for the Aura HD. Hence, the same image should work in all Aura HD's. The image was taken from a working device and has been supplied to a lot of people with very few reports of problems.

As I stated above, the most likely reason for the touch not to be working after pulling the device apart is that you didn't put the device back together properly. Make sure all the cables are connected properly and the screen is sitting properly in the bezel.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #307
miloud
miloud began at the beginning.

Could any one share aura hd image please
Old 12-15-2017, 05:15 PM   #308
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:06 PM   #309
Kiltreiser
Kiltreiser began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hey there, I've got an old Aura HD which is frozen on the 'Restoring' screen. This happened about two years ago when I upgraded to a Glo HD so I just gave up on it. Now I've stumbled across it again and would like to get it working so I can keep it at my office.

Any chance someone could send me the SD image which has been discussed? Would be mighty grateful if you could.

(PS - you have no idea how annoying it is that Kobo devices are manufactured in Hsinchu, just a 30 minute HSR journey away, but I can't simply knock on the factory door and get it repaired!)

Last edited by Kiltreiser; 12-16-2017 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:33 PM   #310
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:51 AM   #311
Kiltreiser
Kiltreiser began at the beginning.

A thousand and one thank you's to Davidfor. My Aura is up and running after two years of gathering dust. It was quite the feeling of joy when it booted up correctly again.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:30 AM   #312
george255
george255 began at the beginning.

Hi,
my Aura HD stopped booting, I would try to make a new SD image. Can you help me?
Thank you!
George
Old 12-28-2017, 06:46 AM   #313
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:46 AM   #314
voknelserp
voknelserp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi David,

Could you please be so kind and send me the link to Aura HD image please?

Thank you so much in advance!

Regards,
Marko
Old 01-03-2018, 08:35 AM   #315
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread