Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
fkuehner
fkuehner began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo not detected

Setup: Brandnew Kobo Glo, self updated to 2.1.5, Calibre 0.9.6 Portable, W7 64 bit

Hi there,

when connecting my new Glo to my Notebook it gets detected by OS and is being attached as Drive G:.
When starting Calibre... after some soconds i see for a very short time "Angeschlossen Kobo Touch" ( which is german and probably means "connected Kobo Touch" ) and then right after this "Angeschlossen Folder Device". There are even being written 2 Files on my Glo, namely "driveinfo.calibre" and "metadata.calibre".

I cannot access my Glo in any case... makes me wonder what this folder device is, preventing me from accessing my Glo. It is exactly the same with my wifes SONY PSR-1T.

I disconnected everything else ( execpt my network cabling ).

any ideas ?

Freddy
fkuehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkuehner View Post
Setup: Brandnew Kobo Glo, self updated to 2.1.5, Calibre 0.9.6 Portable, W7 64 bit

Hi there,

when connecting my new Glo to my Notebook it gets detected by OS and is being attached as Drive G:.
When starting Calibre... after some soconds i see for a very short time "Angeschlossen Kobo Touch" ( which is german and probably means "connected Kobo Touch" ) and then right after this "Angeschlossen Folder Device". There are even being written 2 Files on my Glo, namely "driveinfo.calibre" and "metadata.calibre".

I cannot access my Glo in any case... makes me wonder what this folder device is, preventing me from accessing my Glo. It is exactly the same with my wifes SONY PSR-1T.

I disconnected everything else ( execpt my network cabling ).

any ideas ?

Freddy
At some time you may have (needed) used 'Connect to folder' for a device that has incomplete device USB id supplied .
If you see a folder ICON labeled 'Device', Right click it and Eject to disconnect. Now you are back to standard device detection
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
fkuehner

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
At some time you may have (needed) used 'Connect to folder' for a device that has incomplete device USB id supplied .
If you see a folder ICON labeled 'Device', Right click it and Eject to disconnect. Now you are back to standard device detection
Thanx for your message... but unfortunately there is no "Device" Icon .... ;-(
Old 11-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
fkuehner

CRAZY.........

...... when i disconnet my Network cabling it works... !!!!???? But then i have no access to my library anymore which lies in my NAS-Box to be easylie shared with my wifes one....

WTF is this behaviour ???

byby

Freddy
Old 11-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
fkuehner

Solved....

OK i got it.

I made an entry "auto_connect_to_folder =" and let it point to the location of my library on my NAS, erronously thinking that it would connect to this library lying there by default.

Removed the entry --> works !!!!!

Sigh..... ;-)
Advert
Old 11-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkuehner View Post
...... when i disconnet my Network cabling it works... !!!!???? But then i have no access to my library anymore which lies in my NAS-Box to be easylie shared with my wifes one....

WTF is this behaviour ???

byby

Freddy
Calibre Library is Not Multi access. Bad things can happen it 2 users connect to the same library (at the same time).

Without the NAS connected:
With the Kobo connected:
Do you see a 1 or more icons (they look like a reader) that appear when attached?
Note: if you have customized the ('When Connected....') toolbar , you need to have 'Location Manager' on the toolbar to see these icons
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
fkuehner

Nono..... i have a Library ( F:\Data\Claibre Freddy ) and my wife has her own one, also on NAS ( F:\Data\Calibre Sandra ). Just in case we would like to exchange books sometimes... ( what is mostly unklikely coz she reads such Bella and Edward or TSOG Stuff and me i read Cody McFadyen and so ;-) ).

Thanx for your help !!!