Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
jhc
jhc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle for ipad
Exporting highlights from own mobi files from kindle ipad

Hi all:

I have uploaded a number of my own mobi files (either conversions from pdf or original files) to my kindle app on my ipad using Itunes.

I'd like to be able to export my highlights and notes from these files. Unfortunately, these annotations do not show up on the amazon kindle website. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.
jhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:06 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
There's really no good solution for this right now. In a few weeks or months, perhaps, when they hook up Personal Documents to Kindle apps. Even then, you may have to get some sort of Kindle registered to your account to get an email address so you can get things into PD storage. Even then, there's no guarantee it will be possible to find annotations on kindle.amazon.com (it doesn't happen at the moment anyway). Take a s scrren shot?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
jhc
jhc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle for ipad
is there any way to extract the annotations from the .mbp file that you can access from itunes?
jhc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotations, ipad, kindle, mobi