Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2012, 05:20 AM   #241
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen

I'll read it to see if I understand what to do before installing anything.

I recognize that I'm not as cautious with my android phone
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:57 AM   #242
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaReL View Post
the Hebrew letters are'nt shown at all (It shows squares instead)
You should use an appropriate font (Arial, etc) to see this Hebrew letters correctly.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #243
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
You should use an appropriate font (Arial, etc) to see this Hebrew letters correctly.
I already tested this, you'll see Hebrew letters, but they're displayed in LTR order. It's the same with Arabic.

RTL support is broken in Duokan 2012.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #244
HaReL
HaReL began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by anxobaltar View Post
What OS do you use 7, vista, xp?.
I'm using Win 7.
HaReL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #245
HaReL
HaReL began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Well, I've already inserted the Hebrew font into user fonts...

Here some images, if somebody wants to see:
The squares supposed to be Hebrew letters:

And this is the ePub. The line break is OK, but the words are from the end to the begining.
HaReL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #246
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

About some problems on K4:
Quote:
Originally Posted by duokan.com
  • Open the MOBI format book is slow: in this we continue to optimize.
  • K4 see ePub format books, return to the main menu / change layout / font size, it will reboot: k4 k3 smaller than the memory, we are going all out to solve these problems k4.
  • K4 screenshot of the shortcut keys: not to support future versions will support.
  • K4 system settings in the "read settings" item: the next version will be removed this part.
quoted from this page
Old 01-17-2012, 03:14 AM   #247
rockiecxh
rockiecxh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G/WIFI
Angry My K3 always recoganized as a RNDIS device

Hi thomass,

I got a problem after update to Duokan2012 R1. My model is K3 3G+WIFI.
After updated, my k3 is always recoganized as RNDIS device when I plug in the usb wire. After some try, I found that it's caused by '~usbNetwork' automatically started when the device starts up.
For now I can only switch to default OS, and manually fire the '~usbNetwork' command to switch it off to let the device recoganized as a mass storage device.

Do you have any idea of the resolution to this issue? Any setting changes?

Thanks in advance.
rockiecxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:20 AM   #248
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockiecxh View Post
I found that it's caused by '~usbNetwork' automatically started when the device starts up.
Your case seem to be related with usbnetwork hack. Make sure that you don't have a file named 'auto' instead of 'DISABLED_auto' in your usbnet folder.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #249
rockiecxh
rockiecxh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G/WIFI
Quote:
Your case seem to be related with usbnetwork hack. Make sure that you don't have a file named 'auto' instead of 'DISABLED_auto' in your usbnet folder.
Thanks thomass, you're a genius! It was indeed caused by the 'auto' file.
I found the 'DISABLED_autl' too, so I just deleted the 'auto' file. It's working fine now.

Thanks a million!
rockiecxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #250
Ekaggi
Ekaggi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Does Duokan has password protection?
Ekaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #251
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaggi View Post
You can set a password for screensaver.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #252
bach68
bach68 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Do you think that the user can customize the hyphenation in Duokan 2012?
bach68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #253
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bach68 View Post
Do you think that the user can customize the hyphenation in Duokan 2012?
take a look to files in this folder: \DK_System\xKindle\Resource\Hyphen
Old 01-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #254
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaggi View Post
It's called "Secure Screensaver" iirc
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #255
xorphex
xorphex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 nt
great

Installed it successfully on my Kindle non-touch!
Wasn't that much of a hassle, except having to leave precious linux and use windows to install (strictly followed the tutorial )
I just tried it for a couple of minutes, but i have to admit:
It's really, really, really great for reading pdf (did I emphasize that enough?) in comparison to the stock pdf-reader.
First, the Smart Layout option (for pdfs without many tables or graphics) - and the pdf looks instantly like one I converted before in a kindle-friendly format.
The other options, though still in chinese, are even better when it comes to more complex pdfs (like auto-crop of margins or even manually defining them).
Now I can finally read pdf lectures from university on my kindle, albeit in landscape mode.
Mobi and epub did work without problems, as far as I could see.
Still, there were some crashes, some chinese here and there and of course button assignments for any menu and option possible, that obviously isn't needed in the non-touch version anymore.
But given that it is the first non-touch version, I'm really impressed.

Sorry, that this was more of a review than an install experience, but I didn't expect that much when I installed it.
Maybe this post was helpful for those who are still unsure to try it

Last edited by xorphex; 01-18-2012 at 07:13 PM.
xorphex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf