Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #1
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Sony Reader on DLTV

Hi:

I just noted a brief spot on the Sony reader on the downloadable Digital Life TV (DLTV) episode 68. They had just gotten a unit in for review and showed it on the program. They promise a more in depth review in upcoming episodes.

It can be downloaded from DLTV.
You will find the reader about 3/4 of the way thru the program.

It looks like Sony is getting these out to the press for review. One kinda annoying aspect was the inversion during page changes that they demoed. Other than that, it looked great.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I am looking forward to the review next week
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #3
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
I'm surprised at how good the screen on camera and then on my screen. For the first time I really got the impression of paper. I wish they'd hurry up and release it though feel like I've been waiting since CES. Oh wait, I have.

Sort it out sony. It rare that I actually want to give you money but now is one of those times.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:38 AM   #4
dugbug
Addict
dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle
Yeah, the inversion is part of the proceedure to clear the eInk display. It has to "shake loose" the pigments so as to apply the desired alignment, otherwise some bits of the previous image will remain.

-d
dugbug is offline   Reply With Quote