Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-04-2018, 05:38 PM   #1
Pyjam
Zealot
Pyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kindle Voyage
Exclamation Font used in footnote popup

This is an AZW3 file I've created.
Could you explain why the footnote has a different font (noserif) than the main text?
I haven't specified a font in the css. The main text uses the user's choice.

Here's my definition for the footnote – but it's not really relevant as it is how the footnotes appear on their own page, not in the footnote popup:

.xxnote {
display: block;
font-size: 90%;
text-align: justify;
text-indent: 0;
margin: 3pt 0 0;
}

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	371
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	164866  
Pyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:48 PM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyjam View Post
This is an AZW3 file I've created.
Could you explain why the footnote has a different font (noserif) than the main text?
I haven't specified a font in the css. The main text uses the user's choice.

Here's my definition for the footnote – but it's not really relevant as it is how the footnotes appear on their own page, not in the footnote popup:

.xxnote {
display: block;
font-size: 90%;
text-align: justify;
text-indent: 0;
margin: 3pt 0 0;
}

Thank you.

How'd you make the file?
What's the CSS for the footnotes, in any other class, if that exists?
What's the body font, if no other footnote class exists?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2018, 04:31 AM   #3
Pyjam
Zealot
Pyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kindle Voyage
Calibre, after converting a commercial EPUB.
No body font is declared. The reader may use what he wants.

<p class="xxnote"><a href="part0003.html#back1" id="call1">1</a>. <span class="gg">«</span>John the Revelator<span class="gd">»</span> est un blues enregistré pour la première fois par Blind Willie Johnson en 1930. (<i class="ital">NdT</i>)</p>
Pyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:49 PM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyjam View Post
Calibre, after converting a commercial EPUB.
No body font is declared. The reader may use what he wants.

<p class="xxnote"><a href="part0003.html#back1" id="call1">1</a>. <span class="gg">«</span>John the Revelator<span class="gd">»</span> est un blues enregistré pour la première fois par Blind Willie Johnson en 1930. (<i class="ital">NdT</i>)</p>
You're seeing the default fonts used by the K10 and newer PPW-family devices, that's all. It's part of the Enhanced Typesetting functionality. On a bright note, the pop-up footnotes won't work unless/until the book is published, on a real device, no matter what the emulator shows you, so you don't have to worry about it.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw3, font, footnote