Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-19-2018, 05:59 AM   #46
UncleZeno
Connoisseur
UncleZeno began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx N96ML
Nothing to say guys, other than that I am looking to some other device.
I closed with Onyx devices and their shi**y support.
UncleZeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:29 AM   #47
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleZeno View Post
Nothing to say guys, other than that I am looking to some other device.
I closed with Onyx devices and their shi**y support.
So i did!
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2018, 07:53 AM   #48
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
1.9.1 for Note and Max2

Available in Chinese UI, you know the trick.

Translated by Google

Quote:
The fixes and new additions are as follows:

Neo Reader 2.0:
Optimize document opening speed (different document types can increase speed by 30-50%, focusing on epub opening speed);
Fix the problem that the reader reports the error is closed;
In the case of repairing multiple pages of side-by-side, the problem of incorrect page number display after deleting some pages;
Fix the problem of the page being abnormally zoomed by pressing the electromagnetic pen button to slide the page;
Fix PDF handwritten annotations, after the scratching to full wipe, there is no problem of restoring handwriting;
Fix PDF annotations (graphics and handwriting), exporting single-page PNG graphics and handwriting offsets from TOC annotations;
Fix the problem that TTS cannot automatically page when the last page of the current page is quoted;
Fixed an issue where word translation could not filter individual symbols and could not be queried;
Fix Settings - Screen - Shows that the hyperlink option does not work;
Fix the problem of overlapping Chinese characters in some English fonts;
Fix the problem that the PDF annotation can not be displayed immediately after being exported to PNG separately.
Increase the contrast global setting option to take effect for all newly opened documents after setup.

Note Note:
Add PDF template import, PDF template displays the first page by default, and can increase or decrease the page by +, - page (PDF template size will affect the speed of subsequent note saving and export synchronization);
Add Cornell notes and McKinsey note templates;
Increase the switch to automatically generate PDF after exiting the note, which is turned on by default;
Fix the problem of renaming the same name;
Fix the problem of the cover thumbnail ratio display of the note;
Fix the problem of slow PDF export when there are many notes;
Modify the logical note synchronization format to PNG format;
Filter blank pages when the note file is synced to a third party.

system:
Add other system language lock screen password function;
Add eink application market functions in other language systems (only relevant APP downloads are available);
After adding the device lock screen and connecting to the PC, the PC cannot be directly read and needs to be unlocked (but the lock screen does not affect the PC reading after unlocking);
Increase the touch bar disable function (system level) on the status bar, the status bar does not disable the hand touch, disable the touch of the third party, open the third-party APP full screen will not touch, you need to exit the APP, open the hand touch, or cancel the third-party APP full screen;
Fix problems with occasional malfunctions and jumping points;
Fix handwriting - after closing the hand touch, the hand can not enter the password after the standby;
Fixed an unknown exception caused by the push record being deleted and the account login being expired;
Fix the problem of abnormal power consumption of holster sleep;
Optimize the wifi connection but there is no power consumption during data transmission.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:40 AM   #49
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
1.9.1 for Note and Max2

Translated by Google
Ok but for MaxCarta and N96ML have you any update?
the thread is about update of the old devices., i have no doubt that new devices will have their update fort 6 months may be?.
Remember i bought MaxCarta in June of last year, 2017!!, less one year Onyx Boox abdandonned their support!.
MaxCarta was lunched in november 2016!

Last edited by lems1995; 08-21-2018 at 08:46 AM.
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:56 AM   #50
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post
Ok but for MaxCarta and N96ML have you any update?
the thread is about update of the old devices., i have no doubt that new devices will have their update fort 6 months may be?.
Remember i bought MaxCarta in June of last year, 2017!!, less one year Onyx Boox abdandonned their support!.
MaxCarta was lunched in november 2016!
I have Max2 and Max1 which is in my drawer asleep. I don't have any other Boox devices so I don't care if it has update or not.

I'm so sorry to have posted the update for Note and Max2 here. I'll stop updating the firmware release status if it would make you happy.

No update anymore, good luck!

Last edited by cqman; 08-21-2018 at 09:09 AM.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2018, 09:05 AM   #51
leojab
leojab began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
@cqman, this update info is very good.. keep it up
leojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:01 AM   #52
rafail
Enthusiast
rafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolate

Device: Onyx Note
O... Good news...
And we want more for everyone ...
But I don't know the trick... Can we access this update?
rafail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:36 AM   #53
UncleZeno
Connoisseur
UncleZeno began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx N96ML
Hey guys,

even if the subject can be somehow "misleading" as not mentioning specific devices, I think this thread was meant to collect details about the coming 1.8.3 firmware release for "older" devices that were (better: are!) on version 1.8.2.

I understand the enthusiasm to have a newer firmware but I do not really get why using this thread instead of the one dedicated to Note and Max2, that as far as I understand are the only upgradable Onyx readers:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=301916

Good luck to all of you with newer devices. We will talk in another year or so when you will be - hopefully not - left with bugs and "homemade" software on incredibly expensive device.

Last edited by UncleZeno; 08-21-2018 at 10:46 AM.
UncleZeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #54
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
For the international version, you must wait The last version on http://www.onyx-international.com/ is the 1.9.0.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:12 PM   #55
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
1.9.1 for Note and Max2

Translated by Google
Please keep it up cqman, we all admire and need your great work!

Could anyone explain the procedure once again, and can we revert to English as operating language once the update is done? Many thanks
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:19 PM   #56
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: BOOX Note
Quote:
1.9.1 for Note and Max2

Translated by Google
Thanks!! I just update and seems they added the option to disable touching with fingers, maybe is handy for people that uses de pen...
citytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:46 PM   #57
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Touch, iPad1, iPad2, iPod Touch 4G, Pixel Qi
Does disabling the touch layer make the 3rd party apps like OneNote become more responsive?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
aruangra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:00 AM   #58
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
1.8.3 firmware update for N96, Max1 etc. stuck on 1.8.2 for over a year - any news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleZeno View Post
even if the subject can be somehow "misleading" as not mentioning specific devices, I think this thread was meant to collect details about the coming 1.8.3 firmware release for "older" devices that were (better: are!) on version 1.8.2
Correct, I thought it was obvious since those affected know very well that they haven't received any support in over a year now, just empty promises. I updated the title, hope it's makes it clear.

...ugh, I thought I did, looks like it only updated the title of the first post...

Last edited by machinogodzilla; 08-24-2018 at 03:05 AM.
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:49 PM   #59
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: BOOX Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by aruangra View Post
Does disabling the touch layer make the 3rd party apps like OneNote become more responsive?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I tried and it does not help.
citytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:28 PM   #60
AlexKidd
Enthusiast
AlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox 60, Onyx Boox Max Carta, Wexler Flex One
The update 1.9.1 for Max2/Note is available since few days

There will be news for Max (Carta) ?
AlexKidd is offline   Reply With Quote