Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-24-2017, 09:17 AM   #1
tjpearson
tjpearson doesn't littertjpearson doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thanks Koreader

Just wanted to say a big, big thank you to the Koreader developer/developer's.

Ever since forking out the above than average price for my Kobo Aura HD I was very disappointed and did not enjoy the user experience, trying to find books, sorting and general interference of how fast I was reading, how long before I finish a book and so on. Pointnless dribble, bloated and overwritten software with a illogical GUI.

Changed things to Koreader and now I'm in control and love my ereader with all its simplicity and book organisation abilities.

The best, thanks a lot.

tj
tjpearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:24 PM   #2
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Yes, I agree with you completely, except I didn't used nickel for a long time. As soon as I saw it (nickel I mean), I saw it is not for me. And started to look for something different.

Luckily I found koreader+KSM and this is a winner for me big time.

Not to mention how faster and better is development of koreader compared to nickel. And that we can ask for what we want/need in our ebook software. And not to forget, that we than actually receive what we asked for, unlike with nickel.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2017, 02:30 PM   #3
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Yes, I agree with you completely, except I didn't used nickel for a long time. As soon as I saw it (nickel I mean), I saw it is not for me. And started to look for something different.

Luckily I found koreader+KSM and this is a winner for me big time.

Not to mention how faster and better is development of koreader compared to nickel. And that we can ask for what we want/need in our ebook software. And not to forget, that we than actually receive what we asked for, unlike with nickel.
Totaly agreed!
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:57 AM   #4
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I actually like Nickel a lot (when it works), but KOReader is indeed great, and it's still getting new features that are useful to me on nightlies.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:08 AM   #5
the_doc
Connoisseur
the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Hanlin v3; Kobo Mini
My thanks too. I installed KOReader (and PBChess) 3 years ago but I barely used them.
But months ago I switched to KOReader and I haven't read a book using Nickel since then.
KOReader has improved and continues improving a lot.
the_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2017, 10:00 AM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
My main issues with Nickel are the database nonsense (the worse the more files, hard to organize) and lack of DjVu support. I definitely prefer reading PDF/DjVu with KOReader in scroll mode and autocrop but file management is what makes Nickel practically unusable for me.

Oh yeah, and the best way to get a feature you want is to send in a PR.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:21 AM   #7
philmagic59
philmagic59 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Thank you for marvellous Koreader.
philmagic59 is offline   Reply With Quote