Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-15-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
emanueol
Enthusiast
emanueol doesn't litteremanueol doesn't litter

Device: Huawei Mediapad M5 8" and 10", Boox Onyx Max, Amazon Fire 8HD
Is it possible to have android caliber companion upload books to my caliber library i

Hi,

I downloaded some epubs via chrome on my android device.
Now I wonder if i can use caliber companion to somehow upload my new ebooks in the phone into my caliber library (connect to cloud provider dropbox)?

I know normal way - I guess- would be to email sil the epubs from mybphone to myself and then download them on my windows laptop where i have caliber installed, but I wonder if theres a direct way to do same from just cc in the phone and directly to my library in dropbox.

Thanks,
Emanuel Oliveira
emanueol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:33 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If the books are in CC's library then you can upload them to calibre using calibre's device view. If the books are not in CC's library then CC/calibre cannot upload them. You will need to do something like you suggest: email the books to yourself or copy them to dropbox, then add them to calibre.

If this is something you will do frequently then you might want to look at calibre's "auto-add" feature (calibre Preferences / Adding books / Auto-add). Perhaps you could point calibre at a folder in Dropbox, then copy the books to that folder on your device. If calibre is running then calibre will add the books and delete them from the Dropbox folder.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:58 PM   #3
emanueol
Enthusiast
emanueol doesn't litteremanueol doesn't litter

Device: Huawei Mediapad M5 8" and 10", Boox Onyx Max, Amazon Fire 8HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
If the books are in CC's library then you can upload them to calibre using calibre's device view. If the books are not in CC's library then CC/calibre cannot upload them. You will need to do something like you suggest: email the books to yourself or copy them to dropbox, then add them to calibre.

If this is something you will do frequently then you might want to look at calibre's "auto-add" feature (calibre Preferences / Adding books / Auto-add). Perhaps you could point calibre at a folder in Dropbox, then copy the books to that folder on your device. If calibre is running then calibre will add the books and delete them from the Dropbox folder.
Thanks for the insight
emanueol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, caliber companion, direct upload