Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-14-2018, 04:59 PM   #16
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
You are correct. It run well in all orientations with fb rotation=2
I am glad that this did not change.

Apart from the problem that I did not know that the newer version of libKoboTS.so does not anylonger support H2O, how do you think about this test approach? Are the instruction sufficient? Should I add anything to support the user?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:18 PM   #17
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
I like so much this method. It's really comfortable, even better that the usbnet webinterface. Is it posible to use this in that way? You know, with wifi at any moment. I only try it with usb cable.

At that moment I can't think in more usefull options but I will think about it because is a very very good way to test.

Last edited by boriar; 11-14-2018 at 05:20 PM.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2018, 03:36 AM   #18
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
Is it posible to use this in that way? You know, with wifi at any moment. I only try it with usb cable.
My plan is actually to rework the webinterface so that it works similar to this test.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:17 PM   #19
ello
ello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheese

Device: H2O2
### executed:/mnt/onboard/.adds/ksm_helper/print_info.sh

PLATFORM=mx6sl-ntx PRODUCT=snow INTERFACE= WIFI_MODULE= WIFI=RTL8189
CPU=mx6sl PCB=E60QM0 RAM=LPDDR2 RAM_SIZE=512MB
MODEL_NUMBER=374 FW=4.10.11655 UNAME=Linux (none) 3.0.35+ #6004 PREEMPT Fri Dec 2 14:15:07 CST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

The display is shown upside down om my Kobo. To get it the right way, the needed settings seems to be fb rotation 3 and ksm rotation 180.
However, the actions when I press the letters is not at all what they should be. Sometimes it gives the wrong letter, sometimes it scrolls up or down. What should I try now?
ello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 04:49 PM   #20
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ello View Post
### executed:/mnt/onboard/.adds/ksm_helper/print_info.sh

PLATFORM=mx6sl-ntx PRODUCT=snow INTERFACE= WIFI_MODULE= WIFI=RTL8189
CPU=mx6sl PCB=E60QM0 RAM=LPDDR2 RAM_SIZE=512MB
MODEL_NUMBER=374 FW=4.10.11655 UNAME=Linux (none) 3.0.35+ #6004 PREEMPT Fri Dec 2 14:15:07 CST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

The display is shown upside down om my Kobo. To get it the right way, the needed settings seems to be fb rotation 3 and ksm rotation 180.
However, the actions when I press the letters is not at all what they should be. Sometimes it gives the wrong letter, sometimes it scrolls up or down. What should I try now?
Thank you for testing. Did you also try the following combinations?
fb=0, ksm=270
fb=1, ksm=0
fb=2, ksm=90

Last edited by tshering; 11-25-2018 at 04:54 PM.
Advert
Old 11-25-2018, 05:27 PM   #21
ello
ello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Thank you for testing. Did you also try the following combinations?
fb=0, ksm=270
fb=1, ksm=0
fb=2, ksm=90
I thought I had tested them all, but obviously not! fb=2, ksm=90 works. The letters corresponds perfectly. One thing is wrong though, when pressing the arrows att the bottom they give opposite of expected action. I.e, arrow down= scroll up and arrow up= scroll down.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #22
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ello View Post
I thought I had tested them all, but obviously not! fb=2, ksm=90 works. The letters corresponds perfectly. One thing is wrong though, when pressing the arrows att the bottom they give opposite of expected action. I.e, arrow down= scroll up and arrow up= scroll down.
From the data above (print_info.sh) it seems that your device is a H2O2 (not H202,version 2), If this is true, then fb=0, ksm=270 should work. Could you please check once again?
Old 11-26-2018, 07:58 PM   #23
ello

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
From the data above (print_info.sh) it seems that your device is a H2O2 (not H202,version 2), If this is true, then fb=0, ksm=270 should work. Could you please check once again?
The rotation is correct with that setting, but the letters don't correspond at all.
a gives s, b gives r, c gives q etc.
Seems like the only setting with correct rotation and letters is fb 2, ksm 90. Only error is with the arrows at the bottom.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:02 PM   #24
rustata
rustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 Version 2
Hello

This is output from my H20 V2 E2. I only changed the font size to 60.

PLATFORM=mx6sll-ntx PRODUCT=snow INTERFACE= WIFI_MODULE= WIFI=RTL8189
CPU=mx6sll PCB=E60QM0 RAM=LPDDR2 RAM_SIZE=512MB
MODEL_NUMBER=378 FW=4.10.11655 UNAME=Linux (none) 4.1.15-00129-gdbd540d #21 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 30 14:46:31 CST 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

It is perfectly fine with this:

MODEL_NUMBER=378
QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=KoboTS_h2o2
mrotation=90
ksmrotate=2
kobomenuFontsize=60
ksmroot=/mnt/onboard/.adds/ksm_helper

I hope it will help.

P.S. How can I remove the tester from KOBO?

Last edited by rustata; 11-27-2018 at 02:04 PM.
rustata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:58 PM   #25
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustata View Post
Hello

This is output from my H20 V2 E2. I only changed the font size to 60.

PLATFORM=mx6sll-ntx PRODUCT=snow INTERFACE= WIFI_MODULE= WIFI=RTL8189
CPU=mx6sll PCB=E60QM0 RAM=LPDDR2 RAM_SIZE=512MB
MODEL_NUMBER=378 FW=4.10.11655 UNAME=Linux (none) 4.1.15-00129-gdbd540d #21 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 30 14:46:31 CST 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

It is perfectly fine with this:

MODEL_NUMBER=378
QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=KoboTS_h2o2
mrotation=90
ksmrotate=2
kobomenuFontsize=60
ksmroot=/mnt/onboard/.adds/ksm_helper

I hope it will help.

P.S. How can I remove the tester from KOBO?
Welcome to the forum and thank you for testing!

Can you please confirm that the buttons on the bottom also work as expected? The problem is that on ello's H2O2 v.1, for which the touch driver was originally written, the touch area seems to be horizonally mirrored.

As for removing:
  • Write into the cml input field
    Code:
    rm /etc/udev/rules.d/ksm_rmc.rules
  • Press "execute".
  • Then press "reboot".
  • This will disable the thing. Afterwards you can delete the directory ".adds".
Old 11-27-2018, 07:56 PM   #26
rustata
rustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshes

From my perspective buttons work as expected:

• first button (left) goes to the top;
• second – 5 lines up;
• third – 5 lines down;
• forth (right) – down to the bottom, where is EXIT located.

Another observation: between letters U and W is F. I guess it's a typo.

Let me know if I can help with something else.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:17 AM   #27
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
From my perspective buttons work as expected:

• first button (left) goes to the top;
• second – 5 lines up;
• third – 5 lines down;
• forth (right) – down to the bottom, where is EXIT located.

Another observation: between letters U and W is F. I guess it's a typo.

Let me know if I can help with something else.
Thank you for the confirmation! Yes, F it is a typo!
If the test package is still installed on your device could you check something else? With fb=2, try changing the ksm rotation. The screen orientation will change of course, but the interesting point is whether the touch is still functional. The point is that on devices prior to H2O2v1, KSM worked in all four screen rotations. But the touch driver for H2O2 did not support this. Since the driver has evidently been updated since then, I wonder whether it can now handle rotation.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:56 PM   #28
rustata

With fb=2 I tried all rotation settings: 0, 90, 180, 270.
Screen turned accordingly with 90 corresponding to the “normal” reader orientation.
For each rotation setting I tried some random letters and all four buttons at the bottom.
Everything worked as it should be.

Let me know if you need any further tests.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:44 PM   #29
rustata

I forgot to mention, maybe it will make a difference in your thought process.

I have latest vlasovsoft installed on my reader. In coolreader (and other vlasovsoft apps) everything is reversed horizontally, i.e. left tap on the right and vice versa.

Last edited by rustata; 11-28-2018 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:14 AM   #30
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
With fb=2 I tried all rotation settings: 0, 90, 180, 270.
Screen turned accordingly with 90 corresponding to the “normal” reader orientation.
For each rotation setting I tried some random letters and all four buttons at the bottom.
Everything worked as it should be.

Let me know if you need any further tests.
Thank you. This is good news. I appreciate also your exact informations.

Quote:
I forgot to mention, maybe it will make a difference in your thought process.

I have latest vlasovsoft installed on my reader. In coolreader (and other vlasovsoft apps) everything is reversed horizontally, i.e. left tap on the right and vice versa.
This is important information. I have the impression Serge is updating the driver according to the (conflicting) reports he is getting from users without realizing that there are two different versions of H2o2.
You have currently installed pbchess_2018.11.23_kobo, right?
You could overwrite
Code:
\.add\vlasovsoft\Qt\plugins\mousedrivers\libKoboTS_h2o2.so
with
Code:
\.adds\ksm_helper\Qt\plugins\mousedrivers\libKoboTS_h2o2.so
and see wheter that makes the vlasovsoft apps work correctly.