Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-30-2016, 08:42 PM   #1
Dusky Rose
Connoisseur
Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Ipad mini retina, Kindle Voyage and Fire
Using Sub-Directories on Kobo Aura One?

I have a Kobo Aura One, and had a question on the Device Configuration selections in Calibre.

When the Kobo's plugged in, there is the option to "Configure this Device". I have a question about the "Use Sub-Directories" checkbox. It allows the use of sub-directories "If the device supports them".

I'm want to load a large amount of epubs. Does the Kobo Aura One support sub-directories, and if so, what would be the advantages to load epubs this way?

I'm looking to see if it would speed up the Kobo pulling up the Collections list, which takes a bit of a wait. But any advantages to using sub-directories would be worth looking into.
Dusky Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:57 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
While yes books can be placed in nested directories it won't provide any benefit to the native Kobo reading software.

There is a mod in the developers forum that implements an auto shelving ability for books based on the directory hierarchy.

Performance of collections won't change.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2016, 07:07 AM   #3
Dusky Rose
Connoisseur
Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Ipad mini retina, Kindle Voyage and Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
While yes books can be placed in nested directories it won't provide any benefit to the native Kobo reading software.

There is a mod in the developers forum that implements an auto shelving ability for books based on the directory hierarchy.

Thanks. That's what I needed to know before I tried deleting everything and starting over, just to see if it would work.

So I know I can give it a pass, if it won't really affect the way it operates.
Dusky Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:27 AM   #4
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Quote:

Can you provide the link to the mod please? thx.
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:54 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254554
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2016, 05:10 AM   #6
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Quote:
thx!
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote