Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-28-2014, 07:06 PM   #421
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Thanks, Jon.

I was actually curious about the 3.5.0 - and why I have never received it.

ADDED: If 3.5.0 has been terminated, then 3.8.0 has yet to be scheduled for the area in which I live.
Some have already said that setting the affiliate to BestBuyCA has already gotten then 3.8.0 on sync.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:08 PM   #422
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Of course it does, since you replied to me instead of the person who asked. That turns "answering the question" into "correcting an answer."
I didn't realize that was an answer to someone else. I wasn't trying to correct you. I was just trying to give the answer that had just come about.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #423
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Thanks, Jon.

I was actually curious about the 3.5.0 - and why I have never received it.

ADDED: If 3.5.0 has been terminated, then 3.8.0 has yet to be scheduled for the area in which I live.
3.5.0 was paused for unspecified internal reasons by Kobo. Doesn't seem like there was a particular bug or anything. Since they are now rolling 3.8.0 it's probably back to the same rollout order as normal (meaning you're likely at the end of the line again ).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:38 PM   #424
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thanks robko and Jon.

I normally just wait for firmware updates, as I'm in no hurry.

I'll look forward within the next 2-3 weeks, then, of getting 3.8.0.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:57 AM   #425
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Yep, but though the HD's reading surface is only 25% bigger; the overall surface surface is 33% bigger, and the device is 41% heavier. I so wish kobo would produce an improved HD for size and weight, with the same reading surface and definition - and NO yellowish plastic layer to blur characters.

I have serious arthritis, and the weight is a very important consideration for me (I feel the difference in my neck when I have too much change in my purse...).
I understand you completely--I have arthritis as well, and a little change in weight makes a huge difference. I have a Kobo mini that fits in my purse; my Aura stays at home.
Corpsegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert