Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 06-17-2014, 05:21 AM   #1
Nebucad
Nebucad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 - Gen. 5
RegEx - how to clear entred search request?

Hi,
i the past i edited some ebooks to my needs and i used the build in editor in calibre.

My major tool is the search and replace Tool aka RegEx. I love this mighty tool already, but lately its bugging me. All my entered search and replace requests are still there (saved) and i will get rid of it!

We're not talking about a cupple entries, the scrollbar right of it, is nearly black and i assume i've made several hundres entries. You can imagin i'd search for an old entry, it's easier for me to type it new in and the entires are growing.

The point is, always if i type in my search and replace -code (usally i copy and past it from my notepad) i get a suggestion according my alread entered search requests. My search request isn't exactly the same one i've already entered so the proposal is for me finally useless.

I wish to get rid of all my alredy entered search and replace - orders!
Hopefully someone can give me a hint what i should do or which file i have to erease and where i can find it. - thank you.

Future wish for the ebook-editor:
* Clean search and replace cache - if you opening the editing ebook tool
* a place to store code snippet within ebook editor.

Last edited by Nebucad; 06-17-2014 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Editor already has this funktion
Nebucad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See Tools->Saved searches and if you want to clear the search history, simply right clicking on the find box and select "clear search history"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2014, 07:35 AM   #3
Nebucad
Nebucad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 - Gen. 5
Done!

Thank you!
You saved my day

I looked in the settings and through the menue. Incredibly how blind i actually was. I can remember the fist time i opened the editor/ RegEX and i've found the submenue which i was looking for, obviously I've forgotten all about it. I should be ashamed
Nebucad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:59 PM   #4
mikapanja
Perfectionist
mikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
[...] if you want to clear the search history, simply right clicking on the find box and select "clear search history"
Is there a way to clear search history selectively, i.e. only those instances one doesn't need, and keep the good ones? Is there a file in Calibre folders that contains search history?
mikapanja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Yes.

Code:
%CalibreConfig%/edit-book-history.plist
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2014, 02:47 AM   #6
mikapanja
Perfectionist
mikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Yes.

Code:
%CalibreConfig%/edit-book-history.plist
Great, thanx a bunch
mikapanja is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cache, editor, regex