Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-29-2018, 11:52 AM   #271
otabricker
otabricker began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
Did you verify before doing anything else with the card? If you let the Kobo boot it, it's normal for differences to appear. Same if you try to resize partitions.
Yes, I've verified right after dd'ing. I didn't even unplug the microSD+dongle from my PC. I'll try unplugging and plugging back before verifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
Otherwise it's very odd for there to be a difference in the first sector when supposedly nothing else touches the card.

Unless you're making a mistake like putting the image on /dev/sdx1 instead of /dev/sdx

Other than that I have no ideas... if you are located in Germany, I could send you an old 4GB card correctly preloaded with H2O image (and verified to boot in my own H2O, as in - the original H2O, not the later H2O2v12)
Nope, I've dd'ed to /dev/sdc, not any of the partitions inside.
I'm actually in Japan, and going back to my country tomorrow, so if I cannot fix it (or buy another card in time, I'll have a hell of a boring flight

Thank you for your offer though, much appreciated.

EDIT: Even unplugging before verification, still have a difference in line 1, byte 308. Very weird. I'll guess I'll read from my phone.

Last edited by otabricker; 11-29-2018 at 12:06 PM.
otabricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:09 PM   #272
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, StoryHD, PW4
You can try a convenience store (7/11, familymart), sometimes they do have microsd cards, or you could probably find one at the airport. If you have a laptop you could put the image in mid flight...

Well, I don't know. Have a safe flight in any case!
frostschutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:30 PM   #273
otabricker
otabricker began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I finally solved it with a new microSD. Back in my country I will try to see why the old one failed to be written (and expand the FAT partition of the new one, and install KSM and KOreader again, and...). If I find something of interest, I will post a new thread.

Thank you all for your help!
otabricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:12 PM   #274
fortheloveofbook
fortheloveofbook began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (gen 1)
Would someone be kind enough to PM me re: an SD card image for a Gen1 H2O?

To be clear, I have followed troubleshooting instructions: the basic reset (multiple times), the 2 finger tapping reset (multiple times)... the power light comes on, the screen turns white but no dots appear on the screen: the reader won't boot. I press and hold the power button and the unit powers down. The reader is stock/ no mods. Does this sound like a typical case of 'bricked'?

Newbie that I am, I appreciate all of the information on these forums and especially the contributions of the regulars so thank you in advance.
fortheloveofbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:45 AM   #275
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
PM sent.

And, unless there is damage to the screen, restoring the image has a good chance of working. But, it might need a new SD card.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:09 AM   #276
fortheloveofbook
fortheloveofbook began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (gen 1)
I will be mindful of your comment about the mSD card. Thank you very much!
fortheloveofbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:06 PM   #277
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
PM sent.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flash, h2o, image, sdcard, sdcard-image