Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-10-2018, 07:24 AM   #91
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
It seems like bad design to me to not distinguish between a part of the panel that has one function (display) and another that has another (holding I guess). Whether it's a raise bezel or a different coloured, but flush, border - having a visual and/or tactile differentiation seems like good intuitive design to me.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:04 PM   #92
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
It seems like bad design to me to not distinguish between a part of the panel that has one function (display) and another that has another (holding I guess). Whether it's a raise bezel or a different coloured, but flush, border - having a visual and/or tactile differentiation seems like good intuitive design to me.
I agree. Holding an eReader "by its screen" would be hard for me to get used to. I guess it could look better but I (personally) like the bezel.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipad, kindle, kobo, nook, onyx