Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-30-2019, 08:56 PM   #1
Robert Bitzer
Enthusiast
Robert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Kindle Oasis2, Sony PRS-650
Onyx Front Light Trick (Nova Pro/Note Pro)

I was watching a review of the Nova Pro and the reviewer said if you long-press the "back" button at the bottom of the device, it would cycle the front light on and off...I tried it on my Note Pro and sure enough, it works!

Anyway, it even works within a running app, like Kindle...since we don't have a manual/user guide for the Note Pro available yet, I thought I'd post this tip here.

FYI, I'm running v2.1 on the Note Pro..not sure if that makes a difference or not.
Robert Bitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:37 AM   #2
Simon_31
Enthusiast
Simon_31 began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox max, onyx boox note pro, kindle paperwhite
Nice trick, thanks for sharing it.
It also works on 2.0 firmware.
Simon_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2019, 10:35 AM   #3
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
You might also want to look into using the floating navigation ball which is an app that comes with the new 2.1 firmware. It is a translucent ball which appears on your screen which has five buttons which you can select to perform a variety of functions such as taking a screenshot, jumping back to the homepage, optimizing and app, controlling the light etc... Love it.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote