Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2015, 06:30 AM   #1
chiara_sc
chiara_sc can differentiate black from dark navy bluechiara_sc can differentiate black from dark navy bluechiara_sc can differentiate black from dark navy bluechiara_sc can differentiate black from dark navy bluechiara_sc can differentiate black from dark navy bluechiara_sc can differentiate black from dark navy bluechiara_sc can differentiate black from dark navy bluechiara_sc can differentiate black from dark navy bluechiara_sc can differentiate black from dark navy bluechiara_sc can differentiate black from dark navy bluechiara_sc can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: KOBO AURA HD
Help with Kobo Utilities needed

Hi all,
I have a Kobo Aura HD and I am udsing Calibre 2.39 and Kobo Utilities 2.0.7.
I used to have on calibre a custom column indicating the percentage read of the book, that has been really my salvation, for restoring the reading position, when due to a strange Kobo Behavior I had to reset and resend my 200 books on it.
Then I decided to redesign the books Hierarchy by having different libraries on the different Books genre. I did just create new libraries by copying the format of the main one and transferring books.
Now the issue: the storing of reading percentage is not working any more.
I can see the popup window saying that the reading percent is changed and the new date. But nothing is recorded in the Calibre Column, not any more.

I also deleted the original columns and recreated a new one with Perc-read, following same process I did earlier, but nothing happens. What is the issue? Did anyone have the same issue?
Thank you again for any hints
Regards
Chiara
chiara_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:16 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Have you redone the utilities plugin configuration since splitting the libraries and changing the column? And this part of the configuration has to be done for each library.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2016, 01:37 PM   #3
failedKoboCustom
failedKoboCustom began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Have you redone the utilities plugin configuration since splitting the libraries and changing the column? And this part of the configuration has to be done for each library.
no, I'm stuck on custom columns, the drop down menu is empty, how do I configure it?
I'm new to calibre lol
failedKoboCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:05 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by failedKoboCustom View Post
no, I'm stuck on custom columns, the drop down menu is empty, how do I configure it?
I'm new to calibre lol
You need to add the custom columns. If you press the help link on the dialog, it will open a page for the plugin. This contains details of the custom columns needed. Have a look at that, and if you have any problems, come back and ask.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kobo