Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-17-2015, 07:03 AM   #1
JaakkoK
JaakkoK began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO H2O
Download from Gutenberg with integrated browser

Hi all,

I've experimented with using my KOBO Aura H2O's built-in web browser to go to Project Gutenberg and by clicking the links there download books straight from PG to my KOBO Aura H2O.

I find that with some books the links work and the option to download appears, but with some the page just flashes a couple of times and the link appears not to work. This seems to happen completely at random.

Can anyone tell me the reason and is there a way around this. I know I can always download the files my PC and transfer them to KOBO, but sometimes the PC is not around, and it would be nice to use PG with my KOBO browser.
JaakkoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:49 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The browser will only download files for book formats the device can handle. For this, it is checking the file extension. It might also check the content type. If you try a file it doesn't handle, you get the behaviour you describe.

There is also a bug. If you click on a file and you cancel the download, for the rest of the browser session, the downloads don't work. If that happens, you need to close restart the browser.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2015, 08:28 AM   #3
JaakkoK
JaakkoK began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO H2O
Ah, the last reason might very well explain some of my problems. Thank you very much.
JaakkoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 04:31 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You could also add Koreader, its OPDS support comes with Project Gutenberg catalog access.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, download, gutenberg, kobo