Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-23-2015, 11:24 AM   #1
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I need your opinion

I have a PW2, and Nexus 7. Which is better using the Kindle cloud or side loading my books using calibre. I use to read totally using Kindle app on the Nexus but now that I have the PW2 I mostly read using the PW2. I am not happy with the way Amazon organizes the docs in the cloud and I dislike seeing the docs covers in Nexus. But I do sometime read on one or the other. What I do like is that if I load the books to the cloud that I can sync and go to the correct location on either device.
One trade off I see is that I only load a few books at a time to the cloud then as I read them to remove them from my readers and the cloud so that I do not have the issue with organization.
What do you do. I am open for other options.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:59 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
If you want whispersyn you have to use the Amazon cloud. I have about 3/400 of my docs in the cloud, as I read them I delete them and as I buy new books I send them to the cloud. I don't sideload via Calibre.

I have a tag in Calibre so I know what books are in the cloud (as I have far more than 3/400) and about 20 collections I put the books into depending on the genre. Once read I rate them in Calibre.
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2015, 12:08 PM   #3
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Thank you so much that confirms my think as I wrote the thread.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote